[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Adding names to Groups in address

Adding names to Groups in address

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Adding names to Groups in address

Postby NM » Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:13 pm

Creating a group in address is fine, but how do you populate it easily?
Drag and drop only works if the group name and the individual's name are on the same page - I can't scroll up or down to drop the individual's name onto the group name (and what a pain to do so if the group name starts with A and the individual's name starts with Z!).
Is there an option like in Express where there is a list of names on one side of the screen and the group name on the other, so you can just drag from the list straight into the Group.
If not, how can I do this?
Regards,
NickM
NM
Poco Tourist

Postby clambert11 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:00 pm

I had the same problem. The easiest way to do it is use the address book pane (F6) and then drag and drop from your address book to the pane. I normally don't use the pane and didn't figure it out until after I rebuilt my groups.

Don't forget you can select multiple users in your address book with CTRL and holding the shift key.
clambert11
Poco Tourist

Postby NM » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:59 pm

Thanks Clambert11. Unfortunately dragging either way does not actually do anything that I can see. Is there an instant update when you drag and drop or is there a "refresh" needed to see the added members to the group.
Regards,
NickM
NM
Poco Tourist

Postby NM » Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:39 pm

If dragging and dropping does not work (because you can't scroll), how else can you populate the group?
I don't see anywhere an "Add" button to manually add a value.
Regards,
NickM
NM
Poco Tourist

Postby NM » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:14 pm

Here is a workaround I discovered - for anyone interested.
1. Drag the name from the address book onto the group name in the address list pane.
2. Drag the name from the pane onto the group name in the address book. The name is added to the group.
It's tedious but it works.
Anyone else got a suggestion.
Regards,
NickM
NM
Poco Tourist

Postby Hogyt » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:42 pm

Scrolling works here. When you're dragging a contact, hold the mouse over the first or last contact visible and after a short delay it starts scrolling. Does that work for you?
Mat
Hogyt
Poco Enthusiast

Postby NM » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:50 pm

Mat you are a wonder.
Yes that works :D
Regards,
NickM
NM
Poco Tourist

Postby Hogyt » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:50 pm

hehe thank you Nick :D Glad it works!!
Mat
Hogyt
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Jim » Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:36 am

Adding members to a group has been greatly simplified in the current beta.
Jim

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To