[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Lost Mail Notifcation Sound

Lost Mail Notifcation Sound

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Lost Mail Notifcation Sound

Postby emailjunky » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:20 am

Hi there,

I was using Poco today and realised that my sound was not working when i was recieving email.. I have check to see if it enabled and it is.... What can be wrong??

Cheers
emailjunky
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Lost Mail Notifcation Sound

Postby Eric » Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:12 am

emailjunky wrote:I was using Poco today and realised that my sound was not working when i was recieving email.. I have check to see if it enabled and it is.... What can be wrong??
Have you checked Options > Checking Mail? Check 'Use custom sound on checking mail'.
Also verify that the custom WAV-file still exists.

:!: See if in your accounts on the Notification tab 'Play sound alert' is also checked.

Or maybe a mailbox or several are set to 'Suppress new mail notification'.

I hope this helps. :wink:
Eric

Postby tribble » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:46 am

I've run across this problem a few times. In each case the fix is to look CAREFULLY at the path to the wav file under General Options, it somehow has the path, then a partial path again (or vice-versa (a partial path then the correct path)).

To confirm, there is a small icon that looks like > . Select that and if the path is correct (and as Eric mentioned, the wav is actually present), it should play.
tribble
Poco Enthusiast

Hello

Postby emailjunky » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:16 pm

Hi there,

I clicked on the >. to hear the sound but it didn't work.. the correct path is selected but no sound comes from the button...

What can be wrong??

Cheers
emailjunky
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Hello

Postby Eric » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:59 am

emailjunky wrote:I clicked on the >. to hear the sound but it didn't work.. the correct path is selected but no sound comes from the button...
It should be working when you click on the >. :?
Did you also enable the custom sound?
Here's an example of my setup:

What can be wrong??
:!: Could be an invalid sound file too.
Better check it with a music player.
Other then that I don't have another suggestion.
Eric

Help

Postby emailjunky » Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:49 am

Hi There,

I have checked those settings and my are all one.. I still get no sound wheni click >

I have checked the files and they are .wav files..... I can't see why it is not working....

Cheers 4 the advice...
emailjunky
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Help

Postby Eric » Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:43 am

emailjunky wrote:I have checked the files and they are .wav files..... I can't see why it is not working....
Don't know why the sound isn't working. :?
Have you actually played the wav.files with a music player?
It works here, so it should work for you too.
:idea: Here's my wav.file to try it with.
Use the 'Save target as' in your browser.

I hope it can help. :wink:
Eric

No Luck

Postby emailjunky » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:36 am

Hi There Eric........

I have saved the sound file and it was saves as a wav file set the file.. but it still won't work....

Do you think i might need to re-install software.. and how do i keep my setting that i have now..

Thank you
emailjunky
Drop-in Visitor

Re: No Luck

Postby Eric » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:43 am

emailjunky wrote:I have saved the sound file and it was saves as a wav file set the file.. but it still won't work....
That's strange. :?
Do you think i might need to re-install software.. and how do i keep my setting that i have now..
:!: You could install another copy into another directory.
Try it out to see if it works and afterwards you can import data from previous install.
No need to uninstall anything.

If it works and after importing your settings, just remove the directory of your first install when you're absolutely sure everything is fine.

Let me know how it goes. :wink:
Eric

Postby t8ers » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:29 am

I'm having almost the same trouble except that the original sound works fine but my new .wav file won't play at all. I've checked and double checked, still no luck. The .wav file plays fine when I select it on its own. Any suggestions?
t8ers
New Arrival

Postby astro.bnt » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:10 am

same problem here :( , when i clicked on ">" the sound file playing correctly , but when i received a new mail the sound file is disapear.

anyone help ?
astro.bnt
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:52 am

Hi astro.bnt & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
astro.bnt wrote:same problem here :( , when i clicked on ">" the sound file playing correctly , but when i received a new mail the sound file is disapear.
Have you checked it in your account?
Or do you use filters to play that sound?

Pretty strange why it won't work.
It always plays here. :?
Eric

Postby astro.bnt » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:24 am

Eric wrote:Hi astro.bnt & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
astro.bnt wrote:same problem here :( , when i clicked on ">" the sound file playing correctly , but when i received a new mail the sound file is disapear.
Have you checked it in your account?
Or do you use filters to play that sound?

Pretty strange why it won't work.
It always plays here. :?

this is my account settings :

sound file still dissapear when new mail received:(
astro.bnt
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:55 am

astro.bnt wrote:this is my account settings :
Thanks for the screenshots. :)

It's exactly the same here.
sound file still dissapear when new mail received :(
Do you get the same results with the WAV-file I posted here?

Did you try the suggestions posted before?
Does that change anything?

No clue whatsoever why it won't work for you. :?
Eric

Postby Passer » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:35 pm

Yesterday I had the same problem en came here for a solution.
euh. no solution ... damned. :?

I tried different sounds in differents directories, nothing worked. But the post of Tribble made me think...

What worked for me:
manual delete all the content of the path and then (witch browse) go searching for the wav-file you like.

I think it's maybe a bug in pocomail (?) because I found in that path severel different 'paths' to wav-files ... !
I suppose that - when the field is completed with a wav-path - and then you choose a different wav-sound, that the original path is not deleted and that the second path simply is placed àfter the first path? (so it wat in my case)

Maybe this wil help others in the future?
Passer
New Arrival

Next

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To