[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Norton and Pocomail

Norton and Pocomail

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Norton and Pocomail

Postby Pedagogue » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:59 pm

I'm pretty sure that Nortons AV is not checking my email as it gets downloaded. Am I right? It seems to want command line parameters or something. What do I need to do?

:?
Who said computers would save paper?
Pedagogue
New Arrival

Re: Norton and Pocomail

Postby Eric » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:34 pm

Hi Pedagogue & welcome to Poco Forum, :D
Pedagogue wrote:I'm pretty sure that Nortons AV is not checking my email as it gets downloaded. Am I right? It seems to want command line parameters or something. What do I need to do? :?
You can find some info here.

I hope this helps!

FYI: topic moved to Pocomail :wink:
Eric

Postby frazmi » Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:25 am

Some more info here.

NAV options and performance seem to vary a lot between versions. My personal experience with NAV2003 and NAV2004 is that they do not catch all virus-infected messages during download. Pete's post (link above) is a good summary of how to use NAV effectively. If I hadn't switched to McAfee I would implement Pete's ideas.

If you want more info (and controversy) than what's already been listed, you could search for "NAV" in the forums.
frazmi
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Pedagogue » Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:15 am

Thanks both of you! Having tried Virtual Dr and got nowhere, this is really helpful. My concern was that NAV wasn't checking incoming mail when using Poco, but clearly it is, so I shall relax and return to using Poco! I also don't use the outgoing option, took far too long to do, especially on bouncing mail with Mailwasher Pro!!

Thanks again,

Pedagogue
Who said computers would save paper?
Pedagogue
New Arrival

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To