[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - synchronising mailing lists

synchronising mailing lists

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

synchronising mailing lists

Postby NM » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:12 pm

I run poco on a main and a laptop computer. How can I synchronise the mailing lists?
I have a backup program that i can use.
Can I just copy one file from one computer to the other to achieve the synching?
If so which file is it?
Regards,
NickM
NM
Poco Tourist

Postby frazmi » Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:19 am

By "mailing list" do you mean the address book? If so, you can just copy the address books between poco installations. (They are generally stored in the "Address" directory, of all places.)
frazmi
Poco Enthusiast

Postby NM » Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:28 am

Sorry, yes I did mean address book.
So all I need to do is copy the "address.ini" file (only thing in the address file) between computers.
Does this file also contain the Groups
Regards,
NickM
NM
Poco Tourist

Postby frazmi » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:10 am

Yes and yes. Just copy it -- there's no special magic (other than making sure you are copying the newest version, of course.) And the groups are contained in the same file.
frazmi
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Pete » Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:20 am

Hi NM, I'm not sure if PocoMail keeps the current address book in memory. If it does, you might have to close the target instance of PocoMail before you copy the file.
Pete

Postby frazmi » Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:21 pm

Good point, Pete. In general, that would be the right procedure, that is, close Poco beffore copying Poco files to or from an installation. I can't believe I forgot to do my normal "1 2 3" steps, with "Close Poco if running" as step 1. :oops:
frazmi
Poco Enthusiast

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To