[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Direct Save attachment

Direct Save attachment

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Direct Save attachment

Postby NM » Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:13 pm

In Express it is possible to save an attachment without having to open it first. Is this possible with PM.
It's just that I receive many attachments that I save to another computer to work with them. It would be great to just "Save AS" to the other computer rather than opening them and then saving them elsewhere.
Regards,
NickM
NM
Poco Tourist

Re: Direct Save attachment

Postby Eric » Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:51 pm

Hi Nick,
NM wrote:It would be great to just "Save AS" to the other computer rather than opening them and then saving them elsewhere.
Poco already has this facility. :D
Go to View and check View attachment Pane.
Take also a look here.

I hope this helps. :wink:
Eric

Postby NM » Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:02 pm

Thanks Eric.
You are correct it is there for WinXP, but not for Win98SE (the one I use for email). Maybe PM will become my excuse to finally move that computer to the newer operating system, but then again maybe not. :?
Regards,
NickM
NM
Poco Tourist

Postby frazmi » Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:58 pm

It's not a full answer, but for many file types (.doc, .xls and others) you can right-click on the attached file's name (assuming you have settings such that it shows up) and use "Send To" function.

Using the Windows Explorer, you can add locations to the Send To menu -- even as far back as Win98, I think. (Send To is on the Start menu.)

For some file types that Poco handles "natively" -- like JPG -- this does not work, since Poco does not present the user with the same context menu.
frazmi
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Pete » Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:47 am

If I remember correctly, NM, the method that you use depends on the setting at "Tools > Options > Encoding Options > ...leave attachments encoded...". If enabled, then you should be able to right-click on an attachment in the Attachment Pane and save each attachment directly (regardless of your operating system). If disabled, then you must use frazmi's suggestions and/or Windows Explorer.
Pete

Postby NM » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:44 pm

Pete, absolutely spot on. I would never have thought of that.
Man, this Forum is good!
Regards,
NickM
NM
Poco Tourist

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To