[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - DESPERATE >> Can you enable email confirmations in Poc

DESPERATE >> Can you enable email confirmations in Poc

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

DESPERATE >> Can you enable email confirmations in Poc

Postby Delanvital » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:24 pm

Hi there.

I have a business problem caused by a missing email. Could you please inform me here, whether I can enable "email received confirmations", like Outlook has, in Poco?

Something like sending an email back, when received?

Please help me out :cry:
Delanvital
Drop-in Visitor

Postby mikecarey » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:45 pm

When composing e-mail:

Message | Request Return Receipt
Mike Carey
mikecarey
Frequent Visitor

Return receipts problem - still

Postby Delanvital » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:31 pm

Thanks Mike.

I was in the middle of trying a script for Poco, which does the same, when you replied :o)

We are to users here using PocoMail, but neither of us receives or sends any kind of receipt requests?

We compose the mail, choose RR (or from the Message menu) and send the mail to each other for testing. Nothing special happens.

Anyone?
Delanvital
Drop-in Visitor

Postby tallcangal » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:33 pm

For some email clients, there is an option to totally disregard any receipt requests (ie: ignore). If anyone is using one of these clients, have you checked to see if ignore receipt requests is checked? That would be one factor.
tallcangal
Frequent Visitor

Return receipts

Postby Delanvital » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:37 pm

So far we have only tried Poco 2 Poco, so to speak- bu that should work, right? Is there such an ignore-option in Poco?

Does receipts work, when the mail to be confirmed is a webmail?
Delanvital
Drop-in Visitor

Postby tallcangal » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:46 pm

Take a look here http://pocosystems.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=203&highlight=receipt

This will explain why PM to PM won't work for receipts.
tallcangal
Frequent Visitor

Postby Delanvital » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:58 pm

tallcangal wrote:Take a look here http://pocosystems.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=203&highlight=receipt

This will explain why PM to PM won't work for receipts.

So the solution is to use a script. I have found and downloaded a scipt from the extras section on the homepage.

I have copied the .poc-file to the scripts folder, and in the install.txt that came with the script it says I should enter a line in the events section in Poco.ini. There is no such section, so I made one and also added it to the events.ini

However, it does not respond. I can see, that I have to adjust the script in detail, but not sure how.

Can anyone here help me out? The script can be downloaded here:

http://www.pocomail.com/reg/files/scrip ... eceipt.poc

Thanks.
Delanvital
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Michael » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:35 am

See my answer to your post in the Scripts forum.
Michael

Script

Postby Delanvital » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:46 pm

Michael wrote:See my answer to your post in the Scripts forum.

Thanks. That's great, it works :o)

I had to call the co. that hosts my mail and when talking about this mail problem he informed me, that there is an alternative to the regular receipt we have been talking about here - he says that I can request a confirmation from the recipents server, if the server supports it.

Can anyone of you here write such a script?
Delanvital
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Script

Postby Andreas » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:05 am

Delanvital wrote:I had to call the co. that hosts my mail and when talking about this mail problem he informed me, that there is an alternative to the regular receipt we have been talking about here - he says that I can request a confirmation from the recipents server, if the server supports it.

Can anyone of you here write such a script?

Such a script would have to add the following header to outgoing messages:

Return-Receipt-To: your_name@example.com

(Replace "your_name@example.com" with your e-mail address.)

However, most servers won't honor that header!
Andreas
Poco Enthusiast

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To