[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Problems with registration

Problems with registration

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Problems with registration

Postby Borstenson » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:56 am

At the beginning of June I ordered PocoMail via RegNow.com. I received a license code that did not work with version 3. RegNow told me I had to send my questions directly to PocoSystems.

At end of July, after different requests for information, I finally received an usable answer. PocoSystems told me my license key fitted to version 2, not 3. They said I could upgrade for the price of $ 19,95.

This seemed very strange to me, as I had ordered when PocoMail 3 was already available. So, again I sent an enquiry to PocoSystems, but they did not reply. Asking RegNow again, they sent my email to PocoSystems. That was on 2nd of August.

Until today I haven't received an answer from PocoSystems.

I'm quite annoyed because this surely is not the kind of support that the consumer expects. I ordered lots of software in the last few years, but PocoSystems' support is the slowest and worst of all.

Can anyone help me to get the license key I payed for? Or tell me who I can ask? I had written to support@pocomail.com, but as I wrote above, they don't seem to be willing to help me.

I'd like to know if anyone has had troubles similar to mine.

Thank you.
Borstenson
New Arrival

Postby jbuk » Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:37 pm

Something does not look right here timewise.
Are you saying that you bought PocoMail in June 2004 and it was version 2 ? If so, and you paid the full price then you have an issue with whoever sold it to you.

Here are the upgrade rules that applied in June 2003 i.e. last year.

The PocoMail 3 final release is expected "soon" and it will be a paid upgrade. The full version will cost $34.95, with upgrades available for half price. Anyone who purchased PocoMail 2.6x in 2003, or will purchase PocoMail 2 before PocoMail 3 is released, will get a free upgrade to PocoMail 3 and save $10.

This raises another question......how much did you pay ??
jbuk
Resident Poster

Postby Tomas » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:27 pm

Are you sure some anti-spam measures on your or your ISP's side didn't step into the process? From what I know, Pocosystem's support works and they answer all requests in time.
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Re: Problems with registration

Postby Alpha » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:43 am

Borstenson wrote:At the beginning of June I ordered PocoMail via RegNow.com. I received a license code that did not work with version 3. RegNow told me I had to send my questions directly to PocoSystems.

Out of curiosity, how much did you pay for the license? As of today, PocoMail cost $39.95. If you paid this much, then you should request a new code by forwarding the email confirmation that you received from Regnow to Support. If you paid less than $39.95, then there is probably a problem with Regnow and you should ask for a refund, then buy PocoMail directly from Poco System's website.
Alpha

To: jbuk, Tomas and Omega

Postby Borstenson » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:17 am

Well, I downloaded PocoMail from RegNow's link to Poco's Website, and in deed it was version 3, but the license key I received was for version 2. Very curious, isn't it?

I don't think some emails were filtered, because I received an email from admin AT pocosystems DOT com or so, and usually I do receive all "good" emails - I don't think my ISP has installed filters, because junk mails always find their way to my inbox, and I have to set filters in my email program.

The price I payed at RegNow was EUR 38,15 including VAT and shipping + misc. tax - to me this seems to be the full price for the newest version. It would be around $ 40,- in US Dollars.

I did request a new code, but I have never received an answer from Poco's support, only from admin, who wrote I had to buy an upgrade license, which is nonsense in my opinion, as I have paid the full price.

But, okay, I'll try again.

Thank you for your interest and your help!
Borstenson
New Arrival

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To