[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Poco's handling of dd/mm/yyyy date format

Poco's handling of dd/mm/yyyy date format

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Poco's handling of dd/mm/yyyy date format

Postby elshiftos » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:02 am

Hi,
I am currently using v2.6 and the date always appears in the US mm/dd/yyyy format, in the date column. Is there any way of changing this to the UK format?
I have tried v3.* but that seems even more confused and lists mail in both formats. v3 also has blank in the date column for mail that's over a month old.

TIA to anyone that can shed some light on this problem

Steve
elshiftos
New Arrival

Postby frazmi » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:40 am

I don't have any help for your v2.6 installation. However, for your 3.1 installation, you might check out Options | Reading Mail | Index options. There are several ways to display dates.

Regarding the display in UK format, I believe Poco just uses the system date display setting. I don't recall any way to show dates one way in the rest of Windows, and another way in Poco.
frazmi
Poco Enthusiast

Postby elshiftos » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:25 am

Thanks Frazmi,
Unfortunately, none of the options you mention fix the problem, even though I am persisting with 3.1 at the moment.
At the top of the preview pane the date is always displayed in the correct format (dd/mm/yyyy), the sent column however seems to be confusing the day and month on some messages, therefore listing them in the wrong order.
Also, can you explain why some of the messages have a blank in the 'sent' column?

Thanks
El
elshiftos
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:37 am

Hi elshiftos,

elshiftos wrote:Also, can you explain why some of the messages have a blank in the 'sent' column?
Did you do an import of emails?
Maybe this script can help you to restore the blank received dates.
Also take a look here on how to setup the script.

I hope this helps! :wink:
Eric

Postby elshiftos » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:38 am

Yes it was an import of mail from 2.6. I was following the script instructions and just happened to compress mailboxes, lo and behold, all the dates now seem correct and there are no blanks!

Thanks all :)
elshiftos
New Arrival

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To