[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Messages on Server

Messages on Server

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Messages on Server

Postby lhite31 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:28 am

This morning when I downloaded my mail, it showed getting mail 40-45, but I only got 5 messages. I clicked on viewing mail on server and it showed 45 messages. I tried to delete them, but could not. So clicked on remove headers and thought I had got rid of them. Later , I went on and it showed I had 61 messages. How do I get rid of them or set it to not save on server?

Regards,

Lloyd
Lloyd L. Hite
lhite31
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Messages on Server

Postby Eric » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:47 am

Hi Lloyd, :wink:
lhite31 wrote:How do I get rid of them or set it to not save on server?
I think your account(s) is set to Leave Mail On Server (LMOS)
- Press F3 (Accounts) and edit your account(s)
- Go to Incoming and uncheck Leave mail on server
- Press OK

The next time you check mail, all messages will automatically be removed from the server.

I hope this helps! :wink:

FYI: topic moved to Pocomail, although not certain if you're using Poco or Barca, but it applies to both.
Eric

Postby frazmi » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:17 pm

If you want to continue using LMOS (Leave Mail On Server), then here are some points to consider.

1) The status message "getting mail 40-45" shows that you have new messages (about 6) that Poco is downloading, and also that there are a bunch of messages (about 40) that are still on the server. So it looks like the download is proceeding properly.

2) To delete a message from the server using View Mail on Server (VMOS), select the message in the VMOS window, hit DELETE key (or hit "Mark to Delete" from the context menu), then click on "Process" in the VMOS toolbar. This should delete the message from the ISP (but not from Poco).

3) If you use LMOS, there's are 2 settings in Accounts Setup (Incoming | Leave Mail on Server).
Remove after nn days will cause Poco to delete the messages from the server (without further user interaction) nn days after they have been downloaded to Poco.

Remove from server when emptied from Trash does exactly what it says. This setting supersedes the "remove after nn days" setting -- that is, if you delete a message and then empty trash, Poco will delete the message from the server regardless of the setting for "remove after."
frazmi
Poco Enthusiast

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To