[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - PoCo3.xx display - several questions

PoCo3.xx display - several questions

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

PoCo3.xx display - several questions

Postby edzell » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:23 pm

Most of the Emails I receive include both plain & styled format. PoCo (3.4) displays them as
1) Both types one above the other in a single window;
2) and, at the same time, as 2 tabbed attachments, both of which are named _alt.txt. One is styled, one is not.

In many cases (probably those generated with Outlook or Outlook Express) all of the (?)HTML coding is visible in the styled version, making it tough to read; and the plaintext version displays with a line length several times my screen width. The only reasonable way to view these messages is to copy/paste the plain version into a word processor - hardly convenient.

Toggling the buttons for Stripping or sanitising HTML makes no difference.

Questions:

Why does PoCo treat the 2 message formats as "attachments" - and give them the same name?
What does this name duplication do to my attachments folder and stored messages?
Why doesn't the styled message display properly - or how can I make it do so?
Why does the plaintext not wrap - or can I make it do so?
Can I download an earlier version (I've deleted them all) that would address any/all of these problems?
Where can I see a history of features in successive releases?
What do the strip & sanitise buttons do to the HTML?

I guess that's enough to be going on with :) Most of these are problems I've suffered since early 2.xx versions, Always hoping the nexr release would fix them. There are features of PoCo that I do appreciate but it's a struggle to really love it.

All info/advice - preferably civil and not very technical - greatfully received.
Thanks to all.
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler"
- Albert Einstein
edzell
Drop-in Visitor

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To