[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Issues Using Voice Commands In Pocomail

Issues Using Voice Commands In Pocomail

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Issues Using Voice Commands In Pocomail

Postby J-Mac » Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:35 pm

I just upgraded my Dragon Naturally Speaking to Version 8.1 Preferred and used it - or tried to use it - with Pocomail for the first time since upgrading to PM4. It's not working, for a couple of reasons, one of which may be worked around if I can get some information. The other is something I cannot fix on my own, I think.

Dragon Naturally Speaking supports "Select-and Say" in most applications. It supports them fully as long as the application window behaves like a standard edit control - like having File, Edit, View, etc. in the menubar. However Pocomail is not being recognized as a "Select-and Say" application currently. But since it has in the past, I need to make a few modifications to the Dragon NS setup. For that I need to know the window class name, which is one of the following:
  • Edit
  • RichEdit
  • RichEdit20A
  • RichEdit20W
  • RichEdit50W

Or at least very similar to the above.

Can anyone let me know what the window class name is for the base Pocomail 4 window?

The next issue is a little more difficult. When starting to speak within the base Pocomail screen, the focus box automatically grabs focus and anything spoken is typed into the focus box. Even though I can't create a new message by voice until I know the window class name, I should still be able to open menus, or close Pocomail. However any command shows up in the focus box and Pocomail then tries to search for whatever I say.

So I had a brainstorm, (which apparently turned out to be a minor flurry!): I deselected "Show the Focus Box" in Pocomail's Advanced Options. Yet even with the Focus Box not there, Pocomail is still trying in vain to search for my voice commands!

Apparently the Advanced Option for the Focus Box is very literal indeed: the Focus Box is still right there where it always is - it simply is not showing! Aaaggghhh!

Ya got me, Slaven!

However, I believe that if I can tweak the settings in Dragon NS, that issue will disappear. At least I'm hoping for that.

But I need to know Pocomail's window class name in order to do that.

If PSI cannot tell me the class name, if there is anyone out there withWinspector, or Window Detective, can you look it up and let me know?

Thanks!
J-Mac
J-Mac
Poco Enthusiast

Location: The Great State of Pennsylvania, in the Merry Old Land of Oz!

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To