[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Can I move an "attached message" (.eml file) to a

Can I move an "attached message" (.eml file) to a

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Can I move an "attached message" (.eml file) to a

Postby EzraT » Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:10 am

When my email classifier (PoPfile) identifies an incoming email as probable SPAM, it turns the email into a "mail attachment" such as "att0.eml" and tosses it in the trash folder by a filter.

I review most of these and then view the attachment only if it looks like it was incorrectly treated as SPAM.

I can view these attachments in POCO mail fine, and even reply to them during viewing. The problem is that if they are important, I would like to move the attached .eml mail file back to a regular folder as a regular email. There is no save or move option in the window, only reply and forward. Is there any easy way to turn an attached .eml file back into a normal one? (I think that forwarding changes the format).

Thanks!
EzraT
Poco Tourist

Post subject: Can I move an "attached message" (.e

Postby EzraT » Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:27 am

Using help (F1) for attachments, I did find that I can right click on the attachment, save it somewhere, then use the Import .eml function to save it to a folder. Is this the best way?

Why isn't there a save button along with reply and forward when I view the attached .eml?

Thanks! Ezra
EzraT
Poco Tourist

Re: Post subject: Can I move an "attached message"

Postby Eric » Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:08 am

Hi Ezra,
EzraT wrote:Using help (F1) for attachments, I did find that I can right click on the attachment, save it somewhere, then use the Import .eml function to save it to a folder. Is this the best way?
That's the best way to do it. If you leave them in a specified folder you can import these messages all at once.
Why isn't there a save button along with reply and forward when I view the attached .eml?
:roll: No, there isn't a save button, but maybe that's because it's an attachment.
If this was possible, then I think you'll overwrite your non-encoded attachment.

Just a wild guess. :wink:
Eric

Postby Pete » Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:50 am

Also, EzraT, depending on your circumstances, it might be a little easier to drag-and-drop the .eml file from Windows Explorer to PocoMail than to use the Import command. Note that if you do this, the .eml message will be saved to the currently selected mailbox in PocoMail (so it does no good to drag it to a specific mailbox).
Pete

Postby EzraT » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:11 am

I just used this tip. Excellent! :D

It would still be great if this could be done directly from within PocoMail (if it's possible).
EzraT
Poco Tourist

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To