[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - RAW CSV Import to Address book

RAW CSV Import to Address book

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

RAW CSV Import to Address book

Postby mpersico » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:10 pm

By looking at an address book in text form or Excel, I can pretty much figure out out what fields I need to fill in in order to easily get 150 email addresses out of a text report into Poco. What I cannot figure out is the format for what appears to be the id number in column AG if you import it into Excel. How can I generate this myself?
mpersico

Postby frazmi » Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:52 pm

Just in case you've not already done the work, this post shows the mapping of Poco's CSV format.

I just tested the following and it works for version 3.1 -- simply delete the data from column AG (don't delete the column, just the data). Or if the column is already blank, just leave it blank. Then do the File | Import function.

Poco recomputes it's internal ID during the import process.
frazmi
Poco Enthusiast

Postby mpersico » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:13 pm

Once I tried File/Import, I remembered/realized all I needed was to define the few fields I needed and to just import from csv. Thanks.
mpersico

Postby Michael » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:04 am

For the interest of anyone wanting to know the address book field layout, see this article in the unofficial FAQ.

PS: If anyone has information on the fields listed as "unknown" please let me know and I'll update this page.
Michael

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To