[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Error Codes? #10061

Error Codes? #10061

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Error Codes? #10061

Postby mscgal » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:44 pm

Where do I find the error codes for Pocomail? Specifically I am getting Socket Error #10061 Connection Refused ... and cannot access any of my email accounts. My ADSL connection and network is working fine, I can access internet and webmail accounts. What is causing this and how do I fix it? Thanks.
mscgal
New Arrival

Re: Error Codes? #10061

Postby Kaigan » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:51 pm

mscgal wrote:Where do I find the error codes for Pocomail? Specifically I am getting Socket Error #10061 Connection Refused ... and cannot access any of my email accounts. My ADSL connection and network is working fine, I can access internet and webmail accounts. What is causing this and how do I fix it? Thanks.

I used to get this after my son was using his account. This is not Pocomail specfic. I had another email program on the machine and would also get this error. The only way I could find to clear it was to reboot the computer.

Peter
Kaigan
Poco Enthusiast

Problem solved!

Postby mscgal » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:14 pm

Thanks. That worked!!
C.
mscgal
New Arrival

Postby frazmi » Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:06 am

In general, I've found that the error codes I see "in Poco" are not Poco error codes at all, but rather the codes from the ISP, my own system, etc.

A general strategy for understanding such errors that I've found helpful is just to use a web search engine. For example, in this case a google search of
10062 "socket error"
returned (as the first item) the following:
Too many references to some kernel object. System Socket Error. Disconnect and try
again. Reboot server, if problem continues. ... 10062. Cannot translate name
This would have led me immediately to Kaigan's idea to reboot.

Web search does not always return an answer as easily as in this case, but I've seldom failed to get an answer within a few minutes.
frazmi
Poco Enthusiast

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To