[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Default browser links problem...

Default browser links problem...

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Default browser links problem...

Postby Garek-MOH » Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:40 am

Good day,

I just switched to Mozilla Firefox as my default browser. When I click on a link in my e-mails, it is still opening Internet Explorer. I checked everywhere in the options and I could not find a setting to change this. Any ideas?
Garek-MOH
Garek-MOH
New Arrival

Postby Sandy » Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:43 am

Then Firefox is NOT defined to your operating system as your default browser. It's done in the operating system, not in Poco.
Sandy

Postby Jose » Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:58 am

I'm currently using Mozilla 1.7 (similar to Firefox) as my default browser. I hope you have a similar setup.

First of all, check if Internet Explorer is not actually your default browser.

Then go to Edit > Preferences... Double-click on Advanced... go to System

You should have enabled there:

'Windows should use Firefox to handle these protocols'

- http:
- https:
- ftp:
- chrome: (optional)
- gopher: (optional)

Optionally, you should enable 'Alert me if other applications change these settings'.

Regards...
Jose

Re: Default browser links problem...

Postby heightsmite » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:30 pm

Garek-MOH wrote:Good day,

I just switched to Mozilla Firefox as my default browser. When I click on a link in my e-mails, it is still opening Internet Explorer. I checked everywhere in the options and I could not find a setting to change this. Any ideas?

I've read in the Firefox forum that there is a bug of sorts which says that Firefox does a poor job of making itself the default browser. What I've seen is that when you start Firefox and you say yes to the box that appears asking if it should become the default broswer, it doesn't work. Inside Firefox, you have to go to Tools, Options, General and look at the Default Browser box. Make sure it's not only checked, but hit the button that says "Check Now." It usually takes at that point (i.e. becomes the default).

Keep in mind that Firefox has been evolving a lot lately, and the user interface has changed a bit. What I've described above applies to my Firefox installation, the 7/26 nightly.

EDIT: Links in Poco and Barca open Firefox appropriately for me on this machine.

Dave
heightsmite
New Arrival

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To