[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Restore Issues After Clean XP Install . . .

Restore Issues After Clean XP Install . . .

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Restore Issues After Clean XP Install . . .

Postby Miska » Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:38 am

Hello . . . :)

Yesterday, I wiped my hard drive clean/reformatted hard drive/reinstalled Windows XP Home.

Everything was working great, until I go into PocoMail 3.1. The program installed normally, then I went to Restore my accounts via the Restore feature.

All my accounts came back just fine, mailboxes, etc. BUT my mail messages were all blank, with only the header viewable. So, I uninstalled PocoMail, then reinstalled, still the same issue. I uninstalled/reinstalled yet again and did another restore and all was just fine as far a I knew (I was able to view my restored messages normally).

I finally got my AV software (McAfee 8.0) playing nice with PocoMail and my firewall (Outpost Firewall Pro). I thought I was "all set to go" but now my address books are missing! :shock: Lol I've restored them several times with no luck, only my main address book (the default one) is showing.

I've checked all the address .ini files and they are not set to "read only" so, I'm really at a loss for ideas on what could be causing this issue. I really don't want to reinstall/restore because I finally got things working "normally" in terms of receiving/sending mail, my firewall and AV program. I fear that any further changes might mess things up causing me to have to start all over again. :?

Any tips/solutions or advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

Regards,

Miska
Miska
New Arrival

Figured Out Problem . . .

Postby Miska » Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:48 am

I'm happy to report that I've figured out how to correct the problem. :D

I just went into Organize Address Books and added the address book .ini files manually.

Sorry for the false alarm! :oops:

Regards,

Miska
Miska
New Arrival

Re: Restore Issues After Clean XP Install . . .

Postby robin » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:21 am

Miska wrote:...my mail messages were all blank, with only the header viewable
Hi Miska. In my experience this happens when the .mbx file (which actually contains the message) is either locked by another application so Poco cannot open it, or (by implication) if the .mbx file is missing.

If all you want to do is put the Poco installation somewhere safe while you re-install the OS or HDD, you can simply copy the entire Poco directory and then copy it back afterwards. About the only thing that Poco seems to keep in the registry is the licence code which is easy enough to restore.

Is everything working now?
robin

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To