[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - GMail POP & SMTP features with PM v.2.6.4.1133

GMail POP & SMTP features with PM v.2.6.4.1133

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

GMail POP & SMTP features with PM v.2.6.4.1133

Postby voip4africa » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:40 am

Hi,

Can anyone advise how to go about with setting up v.2.6.4.1133 to use GMail's POP & SMTP features, pls.

Regards.
voip4africa
New Arrival

Postby robin » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:00 am

That is an old version, so you won't be able to use the SMTP features since they require secure login which v2.x does not support. Quote from the gmail configuration help page:

Code: Select all
Configuring other mail clients
You can use the following information to configure POP with many mail clients. If you encounter difficulties, we suggest contacting your mail client's customer support department for further instructions.

Incoming Mail (POP3) Server - requires SSL:    pop.googlemail.com
Use SSL: Yes Port: 995
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - requires TLS:    smtp.googlemail.com (use authentication)
Use Authentication: Yes
Use STARTTLS: Yes (some clients call this SSL)
Port: 465 or 587
Account Name:    your Google Mail username (including '@googlemail.com')
Email Address:    your full Google Mail email address (username@googlemail.com)
Password:    your Google Mail password

Please note that if your client does not support SMTP authentication, you won't be able to access your Google Mail messages.

Now as I recall v2 would do SSL for POP (but I could be mistaken).
Your best bet would be to upgrade to the latest version which works fine with gmail (I know - I use it).

Hope that this is helpful (even if it is not what you want to hear).
robin

Re: GMail POP & SMTP features with PM v.2.6.4.1133

Postby Eric » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:53 am

Hi voip4africa & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
voip4africa wrote:Can anyone advise how to go about with setting up v.2.6.4.1133 to use GMail's POP & SMTP features, pls.
Do have a look at Using Pocomail with Gmail/AOL.

I concur with Robin that upgrading to the latest version would make it a lot better with Gmail & others, but anyway it's your choice.

Hope that helps. :wink:
Eric

I don't understand these instructions.Older version of what?

Postby Judy45432 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:53 pm

Thank you all for your advise. Unfortunately, I do not understand any of it. I think I have the newest versions (updates) of everything. I wish there was a more automatic way of setting up Barca2 to retrieve e-mail from g-mail.com. It's late, though, so I'm going to give this another shot tomorrow.

Again, thank you for trying to help.

Judy45432
Judy45432
New Arrival

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To