[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Individual Mailbox Settings for text & html

Individual Mailbox Settings for text & html

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Individual Mailbox Settings for text & html

Postby SpongeBob » Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:27 am

I subscribe to various mailing lists, some use plain text and others use html. I keep each list in it's own respective mailbox/folder.

Is it possible to set the properties for individual mailboxes to display their messages correctly (either html or plain text), instead of having one global setting for all mail? This way the correct mail style settings will be remembered and I won't have to keep switching between them.

Btw, I had to re-register because of the new forum not retaining user names etc. Will all of the useful stuff from the old forum (Q&A, solutions, hints/tips, etc) be coming back on line, or has that gone as well? It will be a great pity if such an excellent resource has been lost.

-SB-
SpongeBob
Drop-in Visitor
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:50 pm

Re: Individual Mailbox Settings for text & html

Postby robin » Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:46 am

SpongeBob wrote:Is it possible to set the properties for individual mailboxes to display their messages correctly (either html or plain text), instead of having one global setting for all mail? This way the correct mail style settings will be remembered and I won't have to keep switching between them.
PocoMail should show the mail properly regardless, HTML messages will be rendered, plain text will be shown as plain text. Are you having a problem?

Btw, I had to re-register because of the new forum not retaining user names etc. Will all of the useful stuff from the old forum (Q&A, solutions, hints/tips, etc) be coming back on line, or has that gone as well? It will be a great pity if such an excellent resource has been lost.
Some of the old stuff may be, but not all and only as time permits for Poco Systems staff - it's their server.
robin
 

Re: Individual Mailbox Settings for text & html

Postby SpongeBob » Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:13 am

robin wrote:PocoMail should show the mail properly regardless, HTML messages will be rendered, plain text will be shown as plain text. Are you having a problem?


I have Poco set to always use plain text for send and receive. Btw, I view my emails in the lower pane at the bottom half of screen.

When someone sends me an html mail, then it doesn't show the html formatting because it's set to show as plain text.

In order to get the email message to display properly, I have to click the "strip html" toggle on the bar in the middle of the screen.

I thought that a quick way around this would be to set the specific mailboxes which have the html formatted mail filtered to them, to always show html (not to strip it), thus avoiding the need to keep toggling html on/off.

-SB-
SpongeBob
Drop-in Visitor
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:50 pm

Re: Individual Mailbox Settings for text & html

Postby robin » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:09 am

SpongeBob wrote:I have Poco set to always use plain text for send and receive.
This will have no effect on viewing received messages - it only effects sending.

SpongeBob wrote:Btw, I view my emails in the lower pane at the bottom half of screen.
So do I.

SpongeBob wrote:When someone sends me an html mail, then it doesn't show the html formatting because it's set to show as plain text.
PocoMail will automatically show the message in the appropriate format, provided you let it (i.e. that the settings for sanitise message, strip html and image download are all set to permit full message display.

SpongeBob wrote:In order to get the email message to display properly, I have to click the "strip html" toggle on the bar in the middle of the screen.
What do you mean by "properly"? It sounds like you have strip html turned on, in which case Poco will simply display the text not the formatting.

SpongeBob wrote:I thought that a quick way around this would be to set the specific mailboxes which have the html formatted mail filtered to them, to always show html (not to strip it), thus avoiding the need to keep toggling html on/off.
Strip HTML is a global setting and cannot currently be set for individual mailboxes. I agree that it would be useful if it could.
robin
 

Re: Individual Mailbox Settings for text & html

Postby SpongeBob » Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:13 am

robin wrote:Strip HTML is a global setting and cannot currently be set for individual mailboxes. I agree that it would be useful if it could.


I have all of the safe options, sanitize, etc, toggled off. I thought there may have been a way of auto toggling on certain mailboxes.

Thanks for clearing this up Robin. I think this would be a v.useful facility.
-SB-
SpongeBob
Drop-in Visitor
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:50 pm

Re: Individual Mailbox Settings for text & html

Postby Eric » Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:26 am

SpongeBob wrote:I have all of the safe options, sanitize, etc, toggled off. I thought there may have been a way of auto toggling on certain mailboxes.
:idea: You could always use an Event OnDisplay, so you can set a filter when viewing a certain mailbox or mailboxes.
My In mailbox is set to Sanitize and Junk & Trash to Strip HTML.
Eric
 


Return to PocoMail Help and How-To

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron