[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Special Mailboxes

Special Mailboxes

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Special Mailboxes

Postby Gentlsong » Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:54 am

Would someone please explain exactly how the Special Mailboxes work now? For instance, where do the messages go when you empty each special mailbox? Are the messages really IN the special mailbox or does it only contain links? When you delete a message, exactly what is deleted? Are all the special mailboxes treated the same way or are some different? I think you get the picture now of what I'm trying to find out. :) I was not able to find any of this information in the latest help file.

TIA!

Sylvia
Gentlsong
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:09 am

Hi Sylvia & welcome back to Poco Forum. :D

Take a look here.
Gentlsong wrote:For instance, where do the messages go when you empty each special mailbox?
Only the link in New Mail is removed, the original message(s) still exists.
I was not able to find any of this information in the latest help file.
So true, adding it in an update will help users to understand what these special mailboxes really mean.

I hope this helps. :wink:
Eric

Postby Gentlsong » Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:17 am

Wow, that was a pretty instant response! Thanks!

But what about the other special boxes besides New Mail?

Sylvia
Gentlsong
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:21 am

Gentlsong wrote:But what about the other special boxes besides New Mail?
The Search mailbox acts in the same way as the New Mail, it's only a link. The Quick Guide speaks for itself what it does. :wink:
Eric

Postby Gentlsong » Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:03 am

Of course! The one place I didn't look! :(

Thanks!
Gentlsong
Frequent Visitor

Postby gert » Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:39 pm

Something I use often is CTRL+SHIFT+DELETE in the new mail box. This also deletes the real message from the IN box.

Gert

(edited -> should be Ctrl+Shift+Delete)
Last edited by gert on Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
gert
Poco Tourist

Postby Les Armitage » Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:59 pm

SHIFT+DELETE - brilliant. Didn't know about that one
Les Armitage
Poco Tourist

Postby robin » Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:20 pm

Me neither!
robin

Postby mkolber » Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:07 am

gert wrote:Something I use often is CTRL+SHIFT+DELETE in the new mail box. This also deletes the real message from the IN box.

(edited -> should be Ctrl+Shift+Delete)
Does that work in =all= special mailboxes? I'm a very bad housekeeper and sometimes when I search, I would really like to dump a bunch of those messages permanently.

Edited: It =does= work out of the Search special mailbox! Teriffic!! The feature should definitely be described in Help!
mkolber
New Arrival

Postby DougWeller » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:06 am

I'm still at a loss as to what the Quick Guide is.

I presume the Special Mailboxes are the same as Virtual Folders in TheBat!. With TheBat! you can set up virtual mailboxes anywhere and do such things as right click on the start of a thread in a mailing list folder and have that thread show up in the virtual folder -- which makes it easier to watch on a very busy mailing list.

So -- can you set up more Special mailboxes?

And can you have more than one search mailbox open at the same time?

Thanks.

Doug
DougWeller
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:24 am

DougWeller wrote:I'm still at a loss as to what the Quick Guide is.
In Options (Shift + F7) you can setup the mailboxes or submailboxes which have to be shown in the QuickGuide. Clicking on the link in the QuickGuide, opens the mailbox/submailbox. = Virtual Mailbox (although limited in number).
I presume the Special Mailboxes are the same as Virtual Folders in TheBat!. With TheBat! you can set up virtual mailboxes anywhere and do such things as right click on the start of a thread in a mailing list folder and have that thread show up in the virtual folder -- which makes it easier to watch on a very busy mailing list.
The Special mailboxes are not the same as the Virtual Folders in The Bat. They have completely different function.
So -- can you set up more Special mailboxes?
No, it's not possible for the moment. :?
And can you have more than one search mailbox open at the same time?
Haven't tried that one yet, but I don't think you can have more than one Search mailbox open at the same time.
Eric

Postby DougWeller » Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:22 am

Thanks Eric. Not quite what I'd hoped, but it's swings and roundabouts. The really worrying thing is the error messages I'm getting and the slowness with which Quickfilter opens.

Doug
DougWeller
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:20 am

DougWeller wrote:The really worrying thing is the error messages I'm getting and the slowness with which Quickfilter opens.
:roll: Error messages, you mean Access Violations or something else?
The Quickfilter opens instantly on my system, so why doesn't it open the same?
Eric

Postby DougWeller » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:40 am

Eric wrote:
DougWeller wrote:The really worrying thing is the error messages I'm getting and the slowness with which Quickfilter opens.
:roll: Error messages, you mean Access Violations or something else?
The Quickfilter opens instantly on my system, so why doesn't it open the same?

2 Line errors (can't remember exactly what they said) and an AV.

I turned off the virus checker just to make sure that wasn't the problem with the slow Quickfilter opening.

Doug
DougWeller
Poco Tourist

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To