[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Socket Error #11004

Socket Error #11004

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Socket Error #11004

Postby Joan » Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:31 pm

I ordered and paid for pocomail on Aug. 17th and have been unsuccessful in getting it to work to pick up any of other e-mail accounts...this socket error comes up no matter what I try any suggestions or do I need to cancel the account?
Joan
New Arrival

Postby robin » Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:15 pm

Hi Joan and welcome to the forums.

This is not a PocoMail error directly, all Poco is reporting to you is the error returned to it from the internet.

Error 11004: "The requested name is valid and was found in the database, but it does not have the correct associated data being resolved for. The usual example for this is a host name-to-address translation attempt which uses the DNS (Domain Name Server). An MX record is returned but no A recordâ€â€
robin

Error 11004

Postby dima_t » Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:54 am

I just installed PocoMail PE trial and I am getting exactly the same error. I am trying to use it from my work computer which is behind the proxy. I know all my proxy settings and it still does not work. Please, help!

Regards,
Dmitry
dima_t
New Arrival

Postby robin » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:16 am

Is your work firewall preventing you from accessing SMTP port, port 25?
robin

Postby dima_t » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:48 am

It is preventing me to access my POP server. I have tried to use "Servers" option to see the messages on the server and it does not allow me to do so. I am apparently doing something wrong... But the program appeared to be very user friendly and useful. It is a shame I cannot get it work. :(
dima_t
New Arrival

Postby robin » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:24 am

If your company firewall is preventing you getting to a POP server then, frankly, you cannot do anything. This is not a Poco error, and there is nothing that Poco can do about this.

Can you get your sysadmin to let you get access through the firewall? If not, then you'll have to find another way. Maybe at home, or can your POP server company give you an alternative port that you can use that might not be blocked (although most sensible companies will block all ports except those that they need)?

Sorry I can't be more help at this time.
robin

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To