[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - scheduling backup process

scheduling backup process

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

scheduling backup process

Postby dribnus » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:52 am

I am running the 'auto backup' feature for once a day. But, I can't figure out how to tell it when to do the backup. Right now, it's doing it the middle of the day while I'm using the program. I would like for it to run @ 3am. Does anyone know how this is done?
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

Postby COD » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:34 am

My Poco backup runs on application exit - when I shut down Poco it runs the back up routine. I've never used the "days" argument in Poco. Is there any reason you can't back up every session? It would accomplish pretty much the same thing.
COD
Resident Poster

Postby dribnus » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:37 am

The only problem with that option is I never actually close Poco. And when I do a reboot, it doesn't back up, just shuts down for the reboot process. So, the program actually never backs up. Now, if I had to, I could manually close the program once a day, but I would rather not have to worry about.
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

Postby mikecarey » Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:03 am

I use the freeware Karen's Replicator to schedule backups of Poco and everything else:

http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptreplicator.asp
Mike Carey
mikecarey
Frequent Visitor

Postby dribnus » Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:07 am

Thank You...I have a great program to back everything up (SecondCopy 2000)....but the 'Poco backup' only backups up needed files for 'restore', then I back up that data w/ all my other data every nite. I could b/u the Poco directory, but there's a lot of files that are not needed for 'restore'.
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

Postby dribnus » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:32 am

I'm sure there is a way to script this somehow.
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To