[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Lost emails

Lost emails

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Lost emails

Postby zerodot » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:09 am

Today when I was browsing through my mail I went to the junk mail folder and was deleting many of them. i believe what happened is that I deleted one but the mail text was still there and I was able to read it and found that it was a mail from someone important.. so I went to the trash but couldn't find it. I went to new mail and got an error message (don't remember what it was sorry).

This is the second time this has happened. The first time I thought I was dreaming (it was early in the morning) but since the second time I'm positive it has happened before.. who knows how many times :(

Does Pocomail delete messages if it experiences an error? Is there a way I could recover this message?

Thanks
zerodot
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Lost emails

Postby Eric » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:56 am

zerodot wrote:Today when I was browsing through my mail I went to the junk mail folder and was deleting many of them. i believe what happened is that I deleted one but the mail text was still there and I was able to read it and found that it was a mail from someone important.. so I went to the trash but couldn't find it. I went to new mail and got an error message (don't remember what it was sorry).
:roll: You deleted from the Junk Mailbox, so the message is gone. When deleted from Junk, it doesn't go to the Trash.
Does Pocomail delete messages if it experiences an error? Is there a way I could recover this message?
:shock: Poco doesn't delete messages on an error. The message is simply gone by your previous action.
I don't know if there's a way to recover this message. Probably there isn't a way to do it. IMO

Sorry for the bad news. :?
Eric

Postby COD » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:00 am

If you haven't compressed might it still be available in junk.mbx? Probably worth a shot to copy junk.mbx and take a look with a text editor.
COD
Resident Poster

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To