[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Downloading Images

Downloading Images

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Downloading Images

Postby ankupan » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:24 pm

Hi,

I have already set the "Downloading images" in view panel.

But I am unable to see images in my mail.

Please help me.
ankupan
Resident Poster

Re: Downloading Images

Postby Eric » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:56 am

ankupan wrote:I have already set the "Downloading images" in view panel.

But I am unable to see images in my mail.
Do you've 'Sanitize HTML' marked too?
If so, you won't see the images. :?

Otherwise did you allow your firewall to download those images from the source.
An Event OnDisplay set for that folder to sanitize the messages?
A incoming filter which sanitizes your messages?

For me only 'Block Images' is marked and for the rest my In, Junk & Trash are protected by an Event OnDisplay. 8)
If I want to view the images for a certain message, I only have to tick the button 'Download images for this message only'. :)

Hope that helps solving your problem. :wink:
Eric

Postby Tomas » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:41 am

Also, File->Online operation, has to be turned on for automatic image retrieval.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby dmanic124 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:58 am

I'm having the same problem. I never had a problem viewing images in Poco 3, but now that I have version 4.1, I can't see any of the little .gif or .jpg images from emails. I can see images in emails that have big attachments just fine, just not the little images embedded in HTML emails like I can see in Poco 3. All I can see is the little black/blue arrow placeholder where the images are supposed to be. I double checked all my settings and can't find where the problem is. Here are my settings for anything I can think of that would cause this, and they're all fine.

Online Operation - Checked
Download Message images - Checked
Show supported attachments in-line - Checked
Blocked images - Not checked
Sanitize HTML - Not checked
Ignore HTML - Not checked

Heck, I even click that download graphics little icon in the preview pane when viewing a specific email and the image(s) still won't appear after it refreshes. Windows Firewall is off on this wireless laptop I'm on. No crazy filters setup, expect a few that filter certain messages to specific mail folders.

This is very frustrating, since I can see all images perfectly when I go back to Poco 3, but not in the newer 4.1. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

David
dmanic124
Drop-in Visitor

Postby ankupan » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:54 pm

Hi,

Same, I tried all these, but not getting images in Poco 4.1.

When I gave tried to Tb, than its showing all images.

So I am getting Yahoo groups emails in Tb and personal emails in Poco 4.1.

~
ankupan
ankupan
Resident Poster

Postby dmanic124 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:00 am

Yep, I'm lost as to why it's not showing images. I've checked the settings a handful of times and everything is set to where it should show images. My old PocoMail 3.4 shows them fine as does Thunderbird and OutLook. PocoMail 4.1 is the first email client I've ever seen that doesn't show images even when you have all the settings tweaked correctly, lol. I searched this support forum and see others having the same issue with images not appearing as well. Oh well, looks like I'll go back to Thunderbird unless someone finds the cure as to why images aren't being shown for some of us...
dmanic124
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Tomas » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:33 am

If you have an example, please save it as .eml message, and send to helpdesk http://www.pocosystems.com/support/
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby soniajane » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:25 am

I also have this problem, just as others are describing.

I love Poco but I am on the verge of moving off, as this is a real issue for me.

I'll follow this with interest.
soniajane
Poco Tourist

Postby Tomas » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:44 am

Next update of Pocomail is in works, last report was that it could be released in beta this month. It could maybe help with some display issues like these.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby soniajane » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:50 am

Tomas, I have emailed an example to the support desk as you requested.
soniajane
Poco Tourist

Postby Tomas » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:16 am

The problem Sonia was experiencing, was fixed after deleting the proxy settings.

Not sure if that would help others, but in this case it helped.

Sonia, thanks for your cooperation on solving this issue!
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby soniajane » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:28 am

Thank you Tomas!!!

That has indeed fixed it. I sometimes need to connect via a proxy server, but now I will just enter the settings and then delete them again as soon as I'm done.

Thanks again from another delighted and relieved Pocomail fan.
soniajane
Poco Tourist

Postby dmanic124 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:42 pm

I don't have anything in my proxy settings in either version of Pocomail, it just shows the standard port 80 in that area. So that didn't work for me...
dmanic124
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Tomas » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:41 am

dmanic124: Maybe it has to do something with the editor/viewer control used in Pocomail 4 (and Barca 2). Since next update will be completely reworked in that area, please test it once it's out.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby dmanic124 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:25 am

Thanks Tomas, I'll give it a try once it comes out. I imagine this image problem is pretty widespread and surprised a fix hasn't been implemented since the initial release of 4.1? I had a friend in another state download it just to make sure my computer wasn't possessed or anything, and he's having the same issues with no images being shown either.
dmanic124
Drop-in Visitor

Next

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To