[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Spell checker

Spell checker

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Spell checker

Postby John Lewis » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:13 am

The spell checker supplied with Poco seems to use an American Engilsh dictionary.

Is there anyway of using another dictionary, please? In my case UK English.

John
John Lewis
Poco Tourist

Postby Jose » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:33 am

You can download additional dictionaries from Addictive Software.

After that... you must uncompress the .zip file into the main directory of PocoMail.

Finally, you should configure Poco to use it under Tools > Configure Spelling... Locate Dictionary... Select the new one.

Regards...
Jose

Spell checker

Postby John Lewis » Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:21 am

Thanks very much

John
John Lewis
Poco Tourist

Spell checker

Postby Geoff » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:10 pm

I have downloaded the British dictionary and
copied the dictionary out of the zip file, but
I seem unable to configure it.

The British dictionary seems to be a DCT file
while the American is an ADM file.

Currently both 'colour' and 'color' count as
spelling mistakes!

Geoff
Geoff
Drop-in Visitor

Postby robin » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:53 pm

The download should contain the .adm file. Place this in the same directory as the Poco executable, then start Poco and go to Tools -> Configure Spelling... and you should have a list of the .adm files, check the British.adm to use it, I have the American.adm unchecked - igonore the .dct files - I don't know what they do and they don't have a bearing on this.
robin

spell checker

Postby Geoff » Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:21 am

I downloaded the british zip file.
When I double click on it, the file browser goes into it.
The only files there are the British DCT file and Readme.

Geoff
Geoff
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Hogyt » Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:43 am

The british.zip file from the link above has a readme.txt file and a british.adm file which works fine as a dictionary in Pocomail (just tested it).
Hogyt
Poco Enthusiast

spell checker

Postby Geoff » Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:53 am

Thank you!

When I followed the link in this thread I arrived at
a different page from the one I tried earlier.
The British dictionary now works.

All the best

Geoff
Geoff
Drop-in Visitor

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To