[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Search enhancement wanted

Search enhancement wanted

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Search enhancement wanted

Postby DougWeller » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:35 am

One feature TheBat! has I use all the time is the ability to search selecte mailboxes.

For instance, I belong to a dozen or so lists about dog agility. I want to search just those (to save time) but all of them for anything with 'weav' in it -- to catch both weaves and weaving (does Pocomail do this), and then move those posts into a new mailbox.

I can do most of this with Pocomail but it at the moment only allows me to search one mailbox or all of them, both of which will be much slower than searching only the selected mailbox.

Would anyone else find this useful?

Thanks.

Doug
DougWeller
Poco Tourist

Re: Search enhancement wanted

Postby Eric » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:23 am

Hi Doug,
DougWeller wrote:One feature TheBat! has I use all the time is the ability to search selecte mailboxes.
I know, The Bat is also installed on my system.
For instance, I belong to a dozen or so lists about dog agility. I want to search just those (to save time) but all of them for anything with 'weav' in it -- to catch both weaves and weaving (does Pocomail do this), and then move those posts into a new mailbox.
You can use the additional conditions in the Search.
From within the Search Mailbox move the selected messages to their new location.
I can do most of this with Pocomail but it at the moment only allows me to search one mailbox or all of them, both of which will be much slower than searching only the selected mailbox.
That's correct, only one or all. You're right about the ability about searching on selected mailboxes that it would speed up the search.
Would anyone else find this useful?
I for sure would find that extremely useful, but Poco has improved already on this field and will improve more in time.
You could always add your request into Bug Traction as an enhancement, so PSI knows about your wishes. Other users who find that enhancement useful can add their support. :wink:
Make sure to choose Pocomail from the dropdown list and also adressing it as an enhancement. Also post the link to your post in Bug Traction back here, so others can find it.
Eric

Postby Hogyt » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:23 am

Yes i'd like that very much. I'd like the searches to be a lot faster too. For comparison, Bloomba searches the body of 60k messages in under 5 seconds and PocoMail takes, well... ages... I'd also like the search box to remember the last search when i go back to it (with a reset button to clear all the fields).
Mat
Hogyt
Poco Enthusiast

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To