[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - How to create RANDOM signatures??

How to create RANDOM signatures??

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

How to create RANDOM signatures??

Postby Hades » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:45 am

Hi,

Im sure this was covered in the OLD pocofoum,but alas no more!

How do i create a random signature ??, i currently have 5 different signatures created,how could i setup the default signature to randomly pick a signature, i initially thought it was %random% or something,could someone clue me in please?

Thanks

John
--- My Get Up and go,Got up and went !! ---
Hades
New Arrival

Postby mikecarey » Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:46 am

From the Help file:

%random%:"filename"
Inserts a random single line from a text file with quoted filename. The file being inserted will also be scanned for tags, so you can embed additional tags in the external file. This can be used to spice up your signatures with different random sayings or quotes on each outgoing message. You can even use the %file% tag in each line of the random file. This will add random multi-line files to your text. If only a file name with no path is entered, then PocoMail will look for the file in its application directory. If the file is elsewhere on your computer, you will need to specify the full path (e.g., D:\Misc\Funny Quotes).
Mike Carey
mikecarey
Frequent Visitor

Postby Hades » Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:01 am

Thanks Mike,

Honest :oops: i idid look in the help(index + Find) file under Signatures,but nothing obvious appeared,so i felt it was just easier to ask to on the forum.
Hades
New Arrival

Postby Omega » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:15 am

Hades wrote:Thanks Mike,

Honest :oops: i idid look in the help(index + Find) file under Signatures,but nothing obvious appeared,so i felt it was just easier to ask to on the forum.

Of course, somebody once said "Hard work often pays off in time, but laziness always pays off now" :wink:
Omega

Postby Hades » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:24 am

LOL :lol:

Well spotted Omega

unfortunately my signature is pretty much how i lead my life...if in doubt .let someone else figure it out!.
Hades
New Arrival

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To