[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Newsgroups

Newsgroups

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Newsgroups

Postby falrob » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:51 am

Is there a way to see (new) newsgroup messages in the PocoConsole ? Thanks!
falrob
New Arrival

Postby robin » Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:27 am

Nope, 'fraid not. Poco is not really a newsreader - if you want full functionality then you need to look elsewhere. But you can use the filter at the top of the index pane to show unread messages or there is a right-click option that does the same thing.
robin

Postby falrob » Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:37 am

Funny thing is the column-headers in PocoConsole display my newsgroups (but no messages :( ).
And if I am permitted to make a comparison: Becky! has a plug-in that notifies me of new mail AND news-messages!
falrob
New Arrival

Postby robin » Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:36 pm

falrob wrote:Funny thing is the column-headers in PocoConsole display my newsgroups (but no messages :( ).
Huh? Do you have the message preview pane open? Press F11 to toggle it.
falrob wrote:And if I am permitted to make a comparison: Becky! has a plug-in that notifies me of new mail AND news-messages!
Comparisons always permitted - and if enough people request a feature then it may make it into the future release, but as I said PocoMail is not intended as a newsgroup reader so don't expect any major developments in that area at the expense of the mail functionality.
robin

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To