[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - getting hung on multile d/l s

getting hung on multile d/l s

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

getting hung on multile d/l s

Postby janrif » Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:50 am

I have 7 accounts. They are set to check mail on startup. Inevitably the process seems to get stuck, constantly checking for mail -- like a loop. If I check these accounts one at a time, there is no problem. Reducing the number of accounts to be checked at startup seems to help.

One thing that occurred to me is that several 'accouonts' are different identities on the same server, i.e. tom, jerry, axel @ ______.com

Each of these is set up as a distinct account; maybe that's the problem. If so, someone pleaswe tell me a better way to do it.

Thank you.
janrif
Ridgefield, CT USA
w2k-sp4
janrif
Resident Poster

Postby Tomas » Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:41 am

I have about 8-10 accounts as well, and the maximum number of threads to spawn on check mail setup to 3.

No problems similar to yours, only I do have 2 identities on the same server and it happens that checking one of them is being frequently resetted when both are being checked at the same time.

But I have never had nor heard of the loop problem, so no clue about that one.

Try to adjust the maximum number of threads, or disable temporarily the accounts from same server to see if they are problem.
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby robin » Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:30 pm

I agree with Tomas: try reducing the number of threads to 1 and see what happens.
robin

Postby janrif » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:35 am

Tomas wrote:I have about 8-10 accounts as well, and the maximum number of threads to spawn on check mail setup to 3. [...]

Try to adjust the maximum number of threads [...]

OK. How?

or disable temporarily the accounts from same server to see if they are problem.

I'll try one at a time.

Then to add to this mystery, it seems that Poco is actually creating an 8th account which is a duplicate of one of my 7 accounts. I think that's part of the problem but I sure can't figure that one out but I think it has something to do with the looping.
janrif
Ridgefield, CT USA
w2k-sp4
janrif
Resident Poster

Postby Eric » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:49 am

janrif wrote:OK. How?
Tools | Options | Networks settings. :wink:
Eric

Postby janrif » Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:25 am

Eric wrote:Tools | Options | Networks settings.

OK Thanks. Now do you have any ideas how/why Poco would create a duplicate account? TIA
janrif
Ridgefield, CT USA
w2k-sp4
janrif
Resident Poster

Postby Eric » Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:41 am

janrif wrote:Now do you have any ideas how/why Poco would create a duplicate account? TIA
:shock: Never seen it, so I've no idea as to the how or the why.
Have you tried reinstalling a clean version to see if the problem remains?
Just searching for a solution here.
Eric

Postby janrif » Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:16 am

Eric wrote:Have you tried reinstalling a clean version to see if the problem remains?

Nope but I'll give it a shot.

FYI: Edited by Eric - closed quotes
janrif
Ridgefield, CT USA
w2k-sp4
janrif
Resident Poster

Postby janrif » Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:18 am

Eric wrote:
janrif wrote:Now do you have any ideas how/why Poco would create a duplicate account? TIA
:shock: Never seen it, so I've no idea as to the how or the why.
Have you tried reinstalling a clean version to see if the problem remains?

OK, did un-re-install Poco after system re-set. Poco sitll creating duplicate account. Anybody want to take this to a higer level? I don't know how. BTW, "notify me when a replly is posted" is not working for me either. TIA
janrif
Ridgefield, CT USA
w2k-sp4
janrif
Resident Poster

Postby Eric » Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:33 am

janrif wrote:OK, did un-re-install Poco after system re-set. Poco sitll creating duplicate account. Anybody want to take this to a higer level?
I don't have a clue how that's possible. :? Did you import also your account settings when installing the new version? I would suggest recreating your accounts manually.
I don't know how. BTW, "notify me when a replly is posted" is not working for me either. TIA
Take a look into your Profile and see if Always notify me of replies: is checked YES.

Sorry for not being able to help more. :wink:
Eric

Postby robin » Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:46 am

Then to add to this mystery, it seems that Poco is actually creating an 8th account which is a duplicate of one of my 7 accounts. I think that's part of the problem but I sure can't figure that one out but I think it has something to do with the looping.
Open the file called accounts.ini in the Poco directory. This has the account information. Each is account section is started with
Code: Select all
[account name]

Make sure that you don't have two sets of entries with the same name in brackets - this might be causing Poco to not be able to delete it. If you do, try renaming one of them (the one you don't want if you can identify it).
robin

Postby janrif » Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:17 am

Robin: [snip] Make sure that you don't have two sets of entries with the same name in brackets - this might be causing Poco to not be able to delete it. If you do, try renaming [/snip]

Thanks, Robin. I decided to clear the entire address.ini file & start again. So far so good. Clearing the decks seems to have been a twofer: it solved the mysterious account creation & the multi-threading issue reported earlier. I'm holding my breath.
janrif
Ridgefield, CT USA
w2k-sp4
janrif
Resident Poster

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To