[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - How to import outlook .pst file

How to import outlook .pst file

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

How to import outlook .pst file

Postby Okidoki » Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:03 pm

hi there,
I have a problem for which I can't find a solution and I hope anybody here can help me.

I had an english outlook and due to a crash I had to backup everything to a .pst file.
Now I can't import this pst file in my dutch outlook anymore (had to reinstall xp and all.

I tried to import the .pst file with other software like barca but sofar no luck. Barca only gives me this link for more info:
http://www.pocosystems.com/barca/import_mso.html
but that link is dead ;-(

Anybody here who can help me out?
Thanks in advance!!

regards
Pierre
Okidoki

Postby blakelyg » Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:21 pm

If you go to the downloads area of the main Pocomail site you will find it - or cliick on this link fopr the Poco/Outlook import utility http://www.pocosystems.com/software/poimport-1.0-setup.exe
blakelyg
Resident Poster

Postby Okidoki » Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:27 pm

That software can only import mailboxes. Not .pst files I think (or maybe I looked wrong?) I don't have the mailboxes anymore, I backed everything up to an pst file.
Okidoki

Postby blakelyg » Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:44 am

That software can only import mailboxes. Not .pst files I think (or maybe I looked wrong?) I don't have the mailboxes anymore, I backed everything up to an pst file.

That is correct but the folder can be inside a PST. I have just tried it out and selected a folder that was contained in a PST and it worked fine. Just select the Select Mail folder and select the applicable folder (You will have to have added the service for Outlook pointing to the datastore (pst) file) and have Outlook running (so if you cannot get Outlook running then maybe there would be an issue). Works at this end! Not sure if that helps any or if there is any other way around this.
blakelyg
Resident Poster

Postby Okidoki » Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:35 am

HI,
thanks for your reply.
The problem is that I can't import the .pst file in outlook probably because of the 2 different language versions. So I have now just 1 file which I want to import in an email program so I can export that to barca or pocomail, but I can't find a tool to do it :(

regards
Pierre
Okidoki

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To