[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Strange attachments pane

Strange attachments pane

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Strange attachments pane

Postby Rui » Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:29 am

Hi all

Something strange happened with Poco today. Attachments pane does not show a button anymore, I cannot open or close it, nor read "Attachments" at the upper corner of the pane. Disabling and re-enabling the atachment pane in "view" does not solve the problem. On the other hand, I cannot see the attached file icon, since the pane is blank, although when pointing the cursor to the upper part of the pane, I am given the indication that an attachment is there. I Have tried repairing this malfunction installing last Poco Update on top of my current Poco installation, but that didn'r do.
Any ideas about solving this?
TIA
Regards
Rui
Rui
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Strange attachments pane

Postby Eric » Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:42 am

Hi Rui & welcome to Poco Forums. :D
Rui wrote:Any ideas about solving this?
Have you tried doing a clean install and first checking if the attachment pane is present.
Export a message with attachment(s) from the previous version and import it into this clean install;
If it works you could 'import Data from a previous install.

See also this topic.

I hope this helps. :wink:
Eric

Postby Rui » Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:08 am

Hi Eric

Thanks for your fast response.
I have uninstalled Poco through Control Panel )Add/remove Programs). By the way, I noticed Poco's icon there had changed to the icon of a Flash Presentation (???).
Rebooted and closed all open applications.
Reinstalled Poco.

Unfortunately it did'nt work!
Any more ideas appreciated.
Thank you anyway.
Regards
Rui
Rui
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:22 am

I have uninstalled Poco through Control Panel )Add/remove Programs). By the way, I noticed Poco's icon there had changed to the icon of a Flash Presentation (???).
:shock: A Flash presentation?
Maybe cleaning up your registry could help! Here you can find free registry cleaners.
Clean first (be sure to make a registry backup first), reboot and reinstall.
If this doesn't work, maybe others can help to find a solution.

Good luck. :wink:
Eric

Postby Rui » Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:03 pm

Eric

I appreciate your suggestion to use a Registry cleaner. Anyway, I don't find d myself very comfortable using these type of apllications. I used some of them in the past and, almost always, it all ended ruining my system and demanding a fresh OS reinstall. I admit the problem was probably mine and not from the aplication itself.

As I didn't manage to solve the "pane problem" through uninstalling and reinstalling Poco, I decided to restore my system to a previous state, using a well- known disK-imaging application.

After the image restore, and upon reboot, I opened Poco and noticed that the attachments pane are back again, Then, I needed to restore my messages (I do a daily message backup to my second HD). When trying to restore my messages, and near the end of the restore process, I got the message "Access violation at address 005C1BF8 in module Poco.exe; Read of address 01F1C01C", after what I saw Poco didn't restore the messages at all. A second restore try gave the same result.

Almost in despair, I then had the idea of rebooting and have another try. This time, restore process went flawlessly and I have BOTH all my messages and the attachments pane again!!

Are the restore problems I encountered initially related to a Poco's bug? Anyway, I posted the text of the error message above, so that Slaven and team can take a look at it.

I like Poco a lot, and I have been using it for one year. I hope the
new version solves this and other bugs Poco still has (eg, not deleting atttachments sometimes).

Once again, thank you for your support and help.
Regards

Rui

:)
Rui
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:09 am

Rui wrote:I appreciate your suggestion to use a Registry cleaner. Anyway, I don't find d myself very comfortable using these type of apllications. I used some of them in the past and, almost always, it all ended ruining my system and demanding a fresh OS reinstall. I admit the problem was probably mine and not from the aplication itself.
I never had problems with registry cleaners and I should know, because I use 4 registry cleaners (RegSeeker, CrapCleaner, Registry Mechanic & Registry Medic) regularly. Before cleaning always let the registry cleaner make a backup, as well as going through the list to see if all suggested deletions are correct. I like to try apps, but also have to clean up the mess afterwards. :lol:
As I didn't manage to solve the "pane problem" through uninstalling and reinstalling Poco, I decided to restore my system to a previous state, using a well- known disK-imaging application.
Lucky for you that you've an disk-imaging app. I use that too.
Almost in despair, I then had the idea of rebooting and have another try. This time, restore process went flawlessly and I have BOTH all my messages and the attachments pane again!!
Sometimes all it comes to is trying several solutions, until it works. If every possible solution fails, then you've got a problem.
Are the restore problems I encountered initially related to a Poco's bug? Anyway, I posted the text of the error message above, so that Slaven and team can take a look at it.
Can't say I saw that AV before on restoring from a backup. And I really did a lot of restoring and importing during the betas.
I hope the new version solves this and other bugs Poco still has (eg, not deleting atttachments sometimes).
That's why we're testing 3.2 to find these bugs and report them to get fixed. :)
Once again, thank you for your support and help.
You're most welcome. I'm glad your problem got solved in the end. :wink:
Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To