[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - How to make AVG 8 work with Poco

How to make AVG 8 work with Poco

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

How to make AVG 8 work with Poco

Postby Fueler » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:00 pm

After mucho screwing around it goes this way.
1: Install or reinstall AVG.
2: When it gets to the screen where it asks whether you want the standard or advanced setup, choose advanced.
3:Then check the box that says something about "other personal email clients". Continue on to the finish.
4: That's it.

PS: uncheck the other email selections. It probably won't matter but who knows?
Fueler
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:15 pm

Eric

Postby Fueler » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:06 pm

Appearently it's always been there in the earlier versions.
This was transperant to the user. Kind of a universal deal for pop/smtp I guess.

In 8 there is a specific choice for outlook and it is the default for some silly reason. There is also something for Word/Accel/Access. Can't imagine what that's all about.

Outlook must need some built in tweaking to work I guess. Why they chose to put this hidden in the setup screens is a mystery. It should have been in the options section. Oh well, it' seeing and doing fine now.
Fueler
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:11 am

Fueler wrote:Why they chose to put this hidden in the setup screens is a mystery. It should have been in the options section.
It should be present during installation, not in advanced.
Better report it to Grisoft, so they can look at it for the next update. :)

As for the rest I can't help you with it, since I never used it. :?
Eric

Still having AVG problem

Postby gbrinck » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:05 pm

I tried the AVG configuration (Personal Email module) recommended here but am still getting blank emails with the "scanned by AVG" text inserted. Oddly enough, it doesn't happen to emails that come through Gmail but it seems to affect most others.

I'm using the latest AVG Free (8.0.175) and Poco 4.5 running on Vista Home Premium. I run AVG 8 on two other computers with Poco with no problems, though the others are XXP and were upgraded in place through the AVG versions, whereas this is a clean install on a new system.
Gary Brinck
gbrinck
Poco Tourist

More on AVG & Poco

Postby gbrinck » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:04 am

On the AVG site I found a suggestion that "Certification" of emails be turned off. This option is on the AVG Tools menu under "Advanced Settings". Select "Email scanner" on the sidebar and uncheck "Certify email". This is also where you can alter the certification process and text if you want.

It seems to have solved the problem for me.
Gary Brinck
gbrinck
Poco Tourist

Re: More on AVG & Poco

Postby Eric » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:32 am

gbrinck wrote:It seems to have solved the problem for me.
Thanks for your input Gary & glad to know it's solved. :)
Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To