[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - see error log msg

see error log msg

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

see error log msg

Postby janrif » Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:01 am

Freqently I get an error, check error log msg on the status line. so I look back on the log & I see no error reported. The only thing that is reported is that there is no new mail on the servers to download. Does Poco consider "no email" an error? If so, it's a bit confusing IMO. Thanks.
janrif
Ridgefield, CT USA
w2k-sp4
janrif
Resident Poster

Postby robin » Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:09 am

No, it must be something else. Do you have several accounts that you are checking at the same time - maybe you have to go back further?
robin

Re: see error log msg

Postby mikecarey » Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:56 pm

janrif wrote:Freqently I get an error, check error log msg on the status line. so I look back on the log & I see no error reported.

I get this as well ( I reported it on the previous forum). It happens so frequently that I've just lernt to ignore it. I'll look at it again when next it happens.
Mike Carey
mikecarey
Frequent Visitor

Postby robin » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:04 pm

Can you identify whether it is related to a particular POP server (I assume we are talking about POP here not IMAP?). It may be that the server is not closing the connection in a way that PocoMail likes.
robin

Postby mikecarey » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:19 pm

Here's the log:

Code: Select all
Checking mail for ***************** (09/09/2004 09:14:52)...

Logging into pop.hotpop.com POP server as user *************...
Connection Closed Gracefully.

Logging into pop.freeserve.com POP server as user ****************** ...
No messages found on server;
No messages deleted, No messages left on server;
Logging off...

Logging into pop.hotpop.com POP server as user ************** ...
No messages found on server;
No messages deleted, No messages left on server;
Logging off...

All looks non-controversial. I'll identify which account it is that's doing it when I get a spare minute this morning.
Mike Carey
mikecarey
Frequent Visitor

Postby Hogyt » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:50 pm

"Connection Closed Gracefully" is an error isn't it?
Mat
Hogyt
Poco Enthusiast

Postby mikecarey » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:35 pm

Hogyt wrote:"Connection Closed Gracefully" is an error isn't it?

I suppose so. All I'm doing is checking an account which has no waiting e-mail, though. I'll look into it some more.
Mike Carey
mikecarey
Frequent Visitor

Postby mikecarey » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:01 pm

I can make it happen reliably when I check the pop.hotpop.com server too soon after previously checking it. Looks like that might be the problem, then.
Mike Carey
mikecarey
Frequent Visitor

Postby tallcangal » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:34 am

Make sure you have your account settings set up the same in hotpop as you do in PM (ie: server being localhost and your port numbers).

Secondly, you may need to increase your server timeout to a higher value. For example, maybe something like 300 seconds.

By doing these things, hotpop should work fine and you shouldn't have the connection close.
tallcangal
Frequent Visitor

Postby robin » Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:51 pm

I also see "Connection Closed Gracefully" sometimes and I take it to mean that the server is busy and has denied a connection (it's not rejected the connection attempt, but it is too busy to deal with it at the moment). I think that this is probably the source of the "error", but that you can ignore it. I believe that all Poco is saying is that it could not complete the transaction (i.e. actually check the mailbox) which is why it sees it as an error.
robin

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To