[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Installing new skins

Installing new skins

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Postby Eric » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:03 am

quailrunner wrote:And I could not find a C:\Users\Username etc.. file in my Windows Explorer directory.
You'll need to show hidden files/directories in Explorer, otherwise you won't see that directory.

Till later. :wink:
Eric

Postby quailrunner » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:45 am

Hi Eric,

I did show the hidden files and still could not find the C:/Users directory. I hope it is something very simple that I am doing wrong.

Quailrunner
quailrunner
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Tomas » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 am

Did you open the ticket with helpdesk? I have answered similar one today, but there wasn't any email address connected with that ticket (try to press F3 and check that you have default account setup and that the account set as default is not disabled) so chances are you didn't see the reply (in that case you could only see it if checking through www.pocosystems.com/support/ using the access key assigned after ticket was submitted).

Nevermind here is an extract:

Please select from menu Help > Email support > Email support, a report will be generated where you can find a line, AppPath=.
The value in that line points to the location of data folders where usually the Skins directory can be located.

If you are not sure, please submit a support request through menu Help > Email support, and I can find out where your Skins directory is.

Occasionally, the directory where data are located, might be hidden in Windows Explorer by the system, in that case you can set Windows Explorer to also show hidden files, or you can do a search for Skins directory but set the search properties so that hidden files and directories are included in the search.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby quailrunner » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:24 am

:lol:

Tomas,

Thank you so much. You pointed the way to the directory where the skins folder was located. I am now a happy camper, and I have successfully applied the Coffee Skin to my email.

Thanks again,

Quailrunner
quailrunner
Drop-in Visitor

Postby lian » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:36 am

Sorry. For Win XP the good directory is:
C:\Documents and Settings\"User"\Application Data\PocoMail
where "user" is the name of your account (well, I don't know the right word in english, sorry)
my blog (illustration, comics, SF and my work in french) : http://www.li-an.fr/blog
lian
Poco Tourist

Postby Tomas » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:51 am

Glad to hear the Coffee Skin is in place now :)_

I have been abstaining from coffee drinking for two days already, now all this coffee talk somehow makes me want to break that resolution :)))

lian wrote:Sorry. For Win XP the good directory is:
C:\Documents and Settings"User"\Application Data\PocoMail
where "user" is the name of your account

Your first reply was correct too. That and this one above are most common data paths. The default one maybe is Documents and Settings, not sure, but many use the choices given at the time of installation thus the possibilities (including custom folder installation) are endless.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Previous

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To