[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Installing new skins

Installing new skins

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Installing new skins

Postby gleason » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:35 am

Hi!

Currently using Poco 4.5... and I want to install some new skins I downloaded from the Poco website.

If remember correctly, the older versions had a Skin folder for new skins.

However, 4.5 does not have this folder.

Do I need to create this folder and THEN install the new skins with their skin name?

Thanks.
gleason
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Installing new skins

Postby Eric » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:44 am

gleason wrote:Do I need to create this folder and THEN install the new skins with their skin name?
If not present, then you can create that directory. :)

However if you're using Vista, that directory is located under C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\PocoMail\Skins

Mine does have that directory, so I think yours should too :?:
Eric

Postby gleason » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:55 am

That is does...

Will give it a try.

Thanks.

<Gleason>
Fargo, ND
gleason
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:04 am

You're welcome Gleason. ;)
Eric

Postby lian » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:20 am

Great information ! Should be said in the help file...
my blog (illustration, comics, SF and my work in french) : http://www.li-an.fr/blog
lian
Poco Tourist

Postby Tomas » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:13 am

lian wrote:Great information ! Should be said in the help file...

I took a note of it and will cover it in the help file. Thanks.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Skin Directory

Postby quailrunner » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:44 am

Hi,

I just got Pocomail 4.5 and noticed also that there is no skin directory to direct new skins. My operating system is XP. Please give me some guidance on how to change the skin on my Pocomail

Thanks,

Quailrunner
quailrunner
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Skin Directory

Postby Eric » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:39 am

Hi Quailrunner & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
quailrunner wrote:I just got Pocomail 4.5 and noticed also that there is no skin directory to direct new skins. My operating system is XP. Please give me some guidance on how to change the skin on my Pocomail
If you installed Poco in c:\program files\pocomail, then you can create that directory. = c:\program files\pocomail\skins.

Install your skins in that directory. Next right-click on the Toolbar > Customize Toolbar > Colours. Select your skin and press Apply.

Hope that helps. ;)
Eric

Postby quailrunner » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:52 am

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. I had already done what you suggested: placed the coffee skin as a folder under Skins which is under Pocomail, which is under Programs in the C Directory. When I go to Pocomail and look in the Colors folder, the coffee skin does not appear there, only the default and a few skins that came with the 4.5 program. I know there must be a simple solution to this.

Quailrunner
quailrunner
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:57 am

quailrunner wrote:Thanks for the quick response.
My pleasure. ;)
I know there must be a simple solution to this.
How did you put it there?
The skin files must be inside a directory.
ex. c:\program files\pocomail\skins\coffee

Hope it will work this time :?:
Eric

Postby quailrunner » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:10 am

Eric,

That's exactly what I did. I unzipped the coffee skin and placed it under the skins folder in PocoMail. The coffee skin contains 16 folders. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Quailrunner
quailrunner
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:31 am

quailrunner wrote:That's exactly what I did. I unzipped the coffee skin and placed it under the skins folder in PocoMail. The coffee skin contains 16 folders. Any other suggestions?
Strange :roll:
Did you close Poco when you copied that skin?
Else exit and restart Poco, so those settings will be loaded.

If that doesn't work, I'll respond later on.

Good luck with it. :wink:
Eric

Postby lian » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:39 am

With Win XP myself I used the C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\PocoMail\Skins directory and it works (it did not work wiht a Skins directory in the Pocomail installation directory).
my blog (illustration, comics, SF and my work in french) : http://www.li-an.fr/blog
lian
Poco Tourist

Postby quailrunner » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:56 am

Hi Eric and Lian,

I deleted the coffee skin files, closed PocoMail, and then downloaded the coffee skin again. I placed it in the skins folder under pocomail, which is under the progams file in my C directory. I then opened Pocomail and could not find it in the colours tab in customization. I then unzipped the coffee file in the skin directory that produced 16 files. I again looked in PocoMail and could not find it. HEELLLPPP!!!

Quailrunner
quailrunner
Drop-in Visitor

Postby quailrunner » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:58 am

And I could not find a C:\Users\Username etc.. file in my Windows Explorer directory.
quailrunner
Drop-in Visitor

Next

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To