[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Forwarding messages with attachments

Forwarding messages with attachments

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Forwarding messages with attachments

Postby Penintel » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:10 pm

Hello everybody,

I do not often forward messages, but sometimes, I get some with videos or photos attached. Sometimes (not always!) the message is sent correctly...but without the attachment!
Same problem arises with photos inserted in the message. I probably missed a parameter somewhere...
Can anybody help?
Heard there was an upgrade on the way! That is great news! Now, I am pretty sure Pocomail and your obedient will get on age together!
All the best!
Pierre :D
Pierre
Penintel
Poco Tourist

Re: Forwarding messages with attachments

Postby Eric » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:20 am

Hi Pierre,
Penintel wrote:I do not often forward messages, but sometimes, I get some with videos or photos attached. Sometimes (not always!) the message is sent correctly...but without the attachment!
Same problem arises with photos inserted in the message. I probably missed a parameter somewhere...
Do you forward those messages to a group?
I've seen it happen before, although I'm not sure what's causing it.
No parameter has to be set, so you haven't forgotten anything. :)
Will have to try that later on.
Heard there was an upgrade on the way! That is great news!
Yep, the beta is starting next month. 8)
Now, I am pretty sure Pocomail and your obedient will get on age together!
:?: Since I'm Flemish, I don't understand this sentence. :lol:

Have a fine weekend Pierre. ;)
Eric

Explanations...

Postby Penintel » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:58 am

Hello Eric!
Fine to hear from you and happy to see the Flemish "Lion passant"!
No I am not really sending to a group, although three...is already a group, silly of me! I'll try differently!
As for my last sentence, I meant "I was getting on in age" (becoming older) and so will POCOMAIL since it has not stopped its "enhancing".
So I hope Poco and myself will get on in age together!
Becoming smoother, wiser, in a word...perfect!... Who said something about bragging?...
Have a nice week-end Eric with your family!
Pierre
Pierre
Penintel
Poco Tourist

Re: Explanations...

Postby Eric » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:19 am

Hi Pierre,
Penintel wrote:Hello Eric!
Fine to hear from you and happy to see the Flemish "Lion passant"!
Thanks, always happy to be here. :)
No I am not really sending to a group, although three...is already a group, silly of me! I'll try differently!
Tried it here, but unable to reproduce.
Tried several ways. Attached, included in the body, didn't make a difference. All attachments were there, whether splitting or not. :roll:

Not easy to find what's causing it, so I'll try some more.
As for my last sentence, I meant "I was getting on in age" (becoming older) and so will POCOMAIL since it has not stopped its "enhancing".
So I hope Poco and myself will get on in age together!
Becoming smoother, wiser, in a word...perfect!...
Got it now, although I thought it was what you meant.
We're all getting on in age. :)
My youngest son just celibrated his fifth birthday and in October it's birthday time for my oldest son (8 years). Time does fly.

Poco/Barca won't stop enhancing. You're in for a surprise as soon as the new version will be released. After the beta of course.
Not to mention the next upgrade.
Who said something about bragging?...
Who's bragging? :lol:
Have a nice week-end Eric with your family!
Same to you and your family Pierre :wink:
Eric

Postby Tomas » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:03 am

Hi Pierre!

Unfortunately, that's a known bug (hard to fix due to dependency on third party editor control) with some kinds of messages containing inline images.

Most often the only way is to select such message and use Message > Forward as Attachment.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

"Serious messages"...

Postby Penintel » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:24 pm

Thanks, Eric, and Tomas for your very quick answers!
I'll keep trying different ways, and if I fail, my contacts will only get "serious" messages! I mean...without pictures!
Amitiés à vous deux!
Pierre
Pierre
Penintel
Poco Tourist

Solution!!!

Postby Penintel » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:37 pm

Hello Eric and Thomas!

I happened to find a very simple solution to forward (or send!) heavy attachments! I just turned the SMTP port into 587 instead of 25, and up to now, it works perfectly! Of course I cannot explain why, but if it may help!
All the best!
Pierre
Pierre
Penintel
Poco Tourist

Postby Tomas » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:42 am

Hi Pierre, thanks for sharing. One of those unexplainable mystical fixes :).
(well...might have been due to antivirus/firewall conflict, or server, or a combination....)
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Glad...

Postby Penintel » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:34 pm

...to bring my penny worth of a solution!

All the best!
Pierre
Pierre
Penintel
Poco Tourist

Attachments sometime fail

Postby Mike The Tar Heel » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 am

I have experienced this problem extensively. I will test several variations, but it seems to fail most often when all of the attachments are JPG. If there are GIF they seem to go through.
Mike The Tar Heel
New Arrival

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To