[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - I'm BAAAAAAACK - Canned Salmon

I'm BAAAAAAACK - Canned Salmon

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

I'm BAAAAAAACK - Canned Salmon

Postby Canned Salmon » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:11 am

Hi, all,

It is I, Canned Salmon, again.

Just a few more questions for you guys:

Re 5. (of my earlier post) What do you look for in the headers that will indicate virus scanning has been done? I used virus scanning with my (former) email program and I don't see anything in those headers either. How else to test to see if virus scanning is being done?

(New question): If I use Pocomail 4.1 (because I want it for Windows 98), will that go along with any Extras I might want to download (e.g. the one for the address book extension)?

(And another question along those same lines): If I use Pocomail 4.1, will that preclude my getting any updates, because it is not the most current version?

And, "finally", I seem to remember being discouraged from displaying the .html version of a message in a "preview pane", as it were, in Outlook Express and my other email software because it made me more vulnerable to viruses. In other words, I would only get to see the message if I clicked on it - otherwise the message (and inline images) would never come up. (I realize that Pocomail's admonition to never download inline images automatically, but only manually, might cover this situation.)(If we elect to ALWAYS download inline images, however, then are we back to where we started as far as vulnerablity goes?)

Thanks!

Canned (any minute now!)
Canned Salmon
Drop-in Visitor

Re: I'm BAAAAAAACK - Canned Salmon

Postby Eric » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:11 am

Canned Salmon wrote:How else to test to see if virus scanning is being done?
See my last response in your previous thread: Asstd questions from a new user ("Canned Salmon").
BTW Couldn't find anything in the headers too, so I guess it changed with my current AV. :oops:
(New question): If I use Pocomail 4.1 (because I want it for Windows 98), will that go along with any Extras I might want to download (e.g. the one for the address book extension)?
I don't see why not, but since I don't use Win98 I can't answer that question without a doubt. :?
(And another question along those same lines): If I use Pocomail 4.1, will that preclude my getting any updates, because it is not the most current version?
No, since there's a bug in that version where the updater has been broken. :?
You'll have to keep informed on new version by checking regularly on PSI's website or this forum.
And, "finally", I seem to remember being discouraged from displaying the .html version of a message in a "preview pane", as it were, in Outlook Express and my other email software because it made me more vulnerable to viruses.
I always use the preview pane, but my In, Junk & Trash folder are protected by an Event OnDisplay.

Also in the dropdown menu it's set to Block images, but in case I forgot it won't do much for those folders, since all those messages are sanitized or stripped. 8)

Hope that helps Canned (not yet). ;)
Eric

Postby jbuk » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:14 am

Actually you can use PM v4.5 with W98 up to build 3840 as far as I remember.
jbuk
Resident Poster

Postby Tomas » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:20 am

jbuk wrote:Actually you can use PM v4.5 with W98 up to build 3840 as far as I remember.

Thank you very much for that information!

If you are interested, I can send the installer for build 3840.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To