[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - HTML being ignored (and not because of message options)

HTML being ignored (and not because of message options)

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

HTML being ignored (and not because of message options)

Postby stephand » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:31 pm

Pocomail suddenly stopped interpreting HTML ... HTML is being ignored and is appearing as raw tags.

1) I played with message drop down menus (ignore HTML, sanitize HTML), tried every combination, and this is not the source of the problem

2) There are no filter or events in place which could explain this

I also started having another problem at the same time: when composing a message or replying to one, the formatting is somewhat odd - for example, there is no subject line.

I upgraded from 4.1 to 4.5 (clean install & import) to see if that would solve the problem, but it didn't

I'm at my wit's end and this is driving me crazy... any suggestions?

S
stephand
New Arrival

Re: HTML being ignored (and not because of message options)

Postby Eric » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:28 am

Hi stephand & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
stephand wrote:Pocomail suddenly stopped interpreting HTML ... HTML is being ignored and is appearing as raw tags.

I upgraded from 4.1 to 4.5 (clean install & import) to see if that would solve the problem, but it didn't

I'm at my wit's end and this is driving me crazy... any suggestions?
When you upgraded, did you import anything from your previous installation?
If you did, please reinstall again but don't import anything yet, so you'll know if it still happens.

Leave your mail on the server to test it out.

Else a spam filter (or included in your antivirus suite) or from your ISP.

Can't think of anything else for the moment. :?
Eric

Postby Tomas » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:49 am

If you have AVG, disable the AVG email scanning module. For some strange reasons, it is changing email headers to wrong ones, since the latest update.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

HTML tags and GRISOFT AVG

Postby 1koolcat » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:32 am

I recently installed the free version of AVG antivirus and was experiencing this same problem. HTML emails were either full of HTML tag codes or abbreviated (EBAY msgs) or blank!

If I used my web client to view my incoming emails there were
no problems, but once they were downloaded by POCOMAIL the messages were definitely changed.

I am temporarily disabling AVG's "scan incoming emails" option to get around this.

Thanks for the tip.
"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made in a very narrow field."

- - Niels Bohr, physicist (1885-1962)
1koolcat
New Arrival

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To