[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - how to delete a signature

how to delete a signature

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

how to delete a signature

Postby yoopits » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:01 am

I have been experimenting with signatures, and now I have too many defined.

How can I delete unwanted signatures?
yoopits
Drop-in Visitor

Re: how to delete a signature

Postby Eric » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:16 am

Hi yoopits & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
yoopits wrote:How can I delete unwanted signatures?
Close Poco & go to your installation directory:
ex. c:\program files\pocomail\signatures

Delete there those you don't want & restart Poco afterwards.

Hope that helps. :wink:
Eric

Postby yoopits » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:30 am

Worked perfect.
Thanks.
yoopits
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:35 am

You're welcome yoopits. ;)
Eric

Postby tonnelier » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:45 pm

Eric wrote:Hi yoopits & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
yoopits wrote:How can I delete unwanted signatures?
Close Poco & go to your installation directory:
ex. c:\program files\pocomail\signatures

Delete there those you don't want & restart Poco afterwards.

Hope that helps. :wink:

Hi Eric,
This advice worked perfectly for me too, except that the names of the deleted signatures still appear in the list in Insert>Any Signature or in the list in Edit Signatures. Is there a way to rid the lists of the names of signatures which no longer exist? I've tried everything I can think of ....
Thanks!
Tonnelier
tonnelier
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:22 pm

Hi Tonnelier,
tonnelier wrote:Is there a way to rid the lists of the names of signatures which no longer exist? I've tried everything I can think of ....
I would suggest to close Poco first.
:!: Backup your poco.ini file first.
Next open it and delete those entries there.
Save afterwards and see if that fixes your issue.

Hope that solves it & do have a fine weekend. ;)
Eric

Postby tonnelier » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:50 pm

Eric wrote:Hi Tonnelier,
tonnelier wrote:Is there a way to rid the lists of the names of signatures which no longer exist? I've tried everything I can think of ....
I would suggest to close Poco first.
:!: Backup your poco.ini file first.
Next open it and delete those entries there.
Save afterwards and see if that fixes your issue.

Hope that solves it & do have a fine weekend. ;)

Thanks Eric for your help. In the meantime I tried deleting the signatures through C:\Documents and Settings\PocoMail, rather than Program Files\PocoMail. This cracked the nut. The signatures and the names in Insert>Any Signature and in Tools>Edit signatures have been deleted.

Thanks again and a lovely and sunny weekend to you too!
tonnelier
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:51 pm

tonnelier wrote:Thanks Eric for your help.
My pleasure tonnelier. ;)
In the meantime I tried deleting the signatures through C:\Documents and Settings\PocoMail, rather than Program Files\PocoMail. This cracked the nut. The signatures and the names in Insert>Any Signature and in Tools>Edit signatures have been deleted.
Good to hear you figured it out, so you were able to fix it. :)
Thanks again and a lovely and sunny weekend to you too!
Anytime tonnelier & enjoy your weekend with your family. Image
Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To