[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Attached Files Inline Display - Why do i not see the attach

Attached Files Inline Display - Why do i not see the attach

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Attached Files Inline Display - Why do i not see the attach

Postby mbc » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:24 am

Hi, I purchase poco about 5 months ago and its been great.

Question 1

I would like it to do a few things to help with bulk emails to whole address books. I have to select each person to attach to an email. It would be great if I can just select the address book and it would attach all the names in the address book to the email BCC section.... Can it be done, or is this something to be added in the future

Question 2

I have not been able to see attachments for 5 months.. I gets lots of spam and crap and I always see a paper clip picture with a lot of the emails... I just figured my virus program or poco was keeping me safe from view them... I always delete about 15 emails a day..

People have send me attachments in the past and I never got them, most was not important so I did not care. (the paper clip still appeared though)... However the last couple of days I have been sent attachments from two different people and they do not appear.... Looking at the email it says "Attached Files Inline Display"... what is this.

I jumped on my main pc and sent an email with an attachment using hotmail, and the same thing happens... So now I figure that this has always been happening....

How can this be solved.... no they are not pictures, clicking everything on that list at the top right of the email to sanitize html etc does nothing.

John
mbc
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Attached Files Inline Display - Why do i not see the att

Postby Eric » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:39 pm

Hi John,
mbc wrote:I would like it to do a few things to help with bulk emails to whole address books. I have to select each person to attach to an email. It would be great if I can just select the address book and it would attach all the names in the address book to the email BCC section.... Can it be done, or is this something to be added in the future
Can't you do that already?
Select your address book and add to the BCC:.
You could also use the To: instead of BCC:
Select the split feature in Options for it. :)
I have not been able to see attachments for 5 months.. I gets lots of spam and crap and I always see a paper clip picture with a lot of the emails... I just figured my virus program or poco was keeping me safe from view them... I always delete about 15 emails a day..
Maybe it's the same problem which as been discussed before.
Victor Dewsbery wrote:The Helpdesk solved my "attachment display" problem.
The solution involved making a change to the attachment width in Barca.ini. Now I can see the attachments properly in the preview pane and the separate message window.
Looking at the email it says "Attached Files Inline Display"... what is this.
It will show supported pictures, text files into the body of your message. You'll have to define it in Options though. :)
How can this be solved.... no they are not pictures, clicking everything on that list at the top right of the email to sanitize html etc does nothing.
Hope the above can solve your problem.
If not, you could always reset your poco.ini.
Close Poco first and rename poco.ini to poco_old.ini
Restart Poco.

:!: One note though, since all settings will be lost when resetting that ini-file.
Best to take screenshots or note your Options down prior to performing that reset.

I'll get back to you later on.

Have a fine weekend. ;)
Eric

Re: Attached Files Inline Display - Why do i not see the att

Postby Eric » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:50 am

mbc wrote:It would be great if I can just select the address book and it would attach all the names in the address book to the email BCC section.... Can it be done, or is this something to be added in the future
My bad :oops:, since I responded from work.
It doesn't add your address book, although you can select all by pressing Shift and choosing the last one. Or you can use CTRL.

Not quite what you want, but it's better then selecting them one by one. :)
Eric

Please Poco, this is not rocket science

Postby mbc » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:45 pm

its a pity that the whole address book cannot be added by a simple click, lets hope they can solve this in another update, as it is something that has been overlooked...

Also they need to allow for a simple method of creating a new filter. I previously used Eudora but eventually it could not handle my large database, a mozilla have now distroyed it.... With Eudora I could right click on any email and create a new filter in an instant... Poco just cant deliver the same quickness in this area.

I am still blown away with the fact that it appears I dont have any ability to recieve attachments. everything mentioned above is strange. I dont want to see an image or something in the email itself, I want to be able to click on the attachment and open it.... If I send myself a word document, or anything, the attachment does not exist, it should not need ini changes, its an attachment, where is it, and why am I not able to click on something which says attachment
mbc
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Please Poco, this is not rocket science

Postby Eric » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:19 am

mbc wrote:its a pity that the whole address book cannot be added by a simple click, lets hope they can solve this in another update, as it is something that has been overlooked.../quote]Who knows what may come in the next update or perhaps the upgrade?
Also they need to allow for a simple method of creating a new filter. I previously used Eudora but eventually it could not handle my large database, a mozilla have now distroyed it.... With Eudora I could right click on any email and create a new filter in an instant... Poco just cant deliver the same quickness in this area.
Strange, since Poco can create filters in an instant by right-clicking on the message or else on the email address in the Preview pane.
Right-click > Quick Filter. It's very simple to create one. 8)
I am still blown away with the fact that it appears I dont have any ability to recieve attachments. everything mentioned above is strange. I dont want to see an image or something in the email itself, I want to be able to click on the attachment and open it.... If I send myself a word document, or anything, the attachment does not exist, it should not need ini changes, its an attachment, where is it, and why am I not able to click on something which says attachment[
I agree it shouldn't be needed to change something in the ini-file.
However here I just open that attachment pane and I can open any attachment I want.

In short I don't have any problem here accessing that pane to see those attachments. :?
Eric

Postby mbc » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:26 am

Thanks Eric,

I can see your attachment thing, I have nothing like that accessable to me....

Are you thinking that to fix my problem doing this ini file thing may solve it... you mentioned above that I would loose settings, how bad will it be for me... will I loose filters or are we only talking about simple settings ? I would hate to mess everthing up, but I would like the attachement option..

I must apologise, I have attempted to right click and perform filters almost every time I needed one, and have always had to do it the hard way, from the menu, it sucked... I dont know how many times I have been up and down the list when I right clicked and still did not see anything.. I guess my brain was looking for only a couple of words, and I always overlooked the quick filter line...

John
mbc
Drop-in Visitor

Postby mbc » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:06 pm

Ok,

I did this ini thiing

it worked, but I lost all my contacts and all the emails, everything, noting left but a new installation. That consited of a thankyou and welcome to Poco..

I quickly put the backup of the ini file back into the directory as per your instructions, but nothing, everything gone..

You could imagine that my heart stopped for a couple of seconds after i realized that everything was gone... Then I remember my backup that I performed a few days ago, I have lost only a few days, maybe I can recover...

I got to work attempling to make sense of it, So after investigating it appears somehow poco had created two duplicate folders, it was talking to the other directory and once I forced it to create a new ini file to created all the directories in the correct location, thus I had nothing...

After a lot of trial and error, I finally copied all the folders into the new location overriding the new ones that poco just created, i deleted that other directory and now it only looks at one. Then after much stuffing around I finally got it to see the address books and was able to fix my layout.

I have attachments now, and a better understanding of the progam...
mbc
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:33 pm

mbc wrote:Ok,

I did this ini thiing

it worked, but I lost all my contacts and all the emails, everything, noting left but a new installation. That consited of a thankyou and welcome to Poco..
I quickly put the backup of the ini file back into the directory as per your instructions, but nothing, everything gone
:shock: Sorry to hear, although I don't think you lost your mails and contacts.
Resetting the poco.ini only resets your preferences.

If you stored your mails in another location, you'll have to change that back in Options, the way it was before.
As for your contacts you'll have to add those address books manually through Options > Contacts again, since all reverts to default when resetting that file.
You could imagine that my heart stopped for a couple of seconds after i realized that everything was gone... Then I remember my backup that I performed a few days ago, I have lost only a few days, maybe I can recover...
Glad you had a backup, but as posted above it shouldn't be necessary. :?

I have attachments now, and a better understanding of the progam...
Sorry you had to go through all that.
Hope it stays fixed now. ;)
Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To