[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - How to auto add today's date in subject line of template

How to auto add today's date in subject line of template

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

How to auto add today's date in subject line of template

Postby Breny » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:09 am

I would like to set up a template that would automatically add the current date in the subject line. I tried using $todaydate on my template but it still came out $todaydate when I used it.
Breny
Breny
Drop-in Visitor

Todays Date

Postby icetnet » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:36 am

Look in the help (F1) index under 'Using Variables'. This will provide your answer. Mine was under an index search of "Variable Tags", the third entry, or the first following the exact case of the quoted text.

For just the date, use "%date%" (without quotes)
For the date and time, use "%dateandtime%" (without quotes).

There are plenty more. This should give you the desired effect.

Here's my test of the template in the subject line verbatim (without the quotes).
"Response to your message, %dateandtime%"
It resulted in this in the subject line when spawned (without quotes).
"Response to your message, 10/19/2008 3:35:58 PM"

Hope that helps.

Bill
icetnet
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Breny » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:45 am

Thank you !! That is exactly what I needed. Works like a charm. I knew there were codes (variables) but didn't know what they were called.

I appreciate the quick response.

Breny
Breny
Breny
Drop-in Visitor

Todays Date

Postby icetnet » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:13 am

No Problem. Enjoy!
icetnet
Drop-in Visitor

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To