[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - emails in another folder wont show text [Mod: Resolved]

emails in another folder wont show text [Mod: Resolved]

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

emails in another folder wont show text [Mod: Resolved]

Postby ianw » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:51 pm

Hi,
I have had to do an XP Pro re-install.
Pocomail 4 3910.

I save all folders in Application Data/Pocomail and when Pocomail is installed I copy them over so that I do not lose any emails or whatever from the previous installation.

I have folders in different partitions, e.g., emails with online purchases in its folder with the other bits and pieces of the transaction.

Previously all those emails opened no problem. But now the email opens in the Attachment tab and only the title of the email shows there, when I click on the Headers tab I get a blank email, as when you open a blank email to type a message and send it off.

Also when I click on the "X" exit button at top right of the email I get a popup "Abandon this message, are you sure you want to close"

How can I stop these please. I un-installed PocoMail 3 times, I also restored a True Image image & installed Poco all with the same problem.
I set Poco as my default as I always do.
ianw

Re: emails in another folder wont show text

Postby Eric » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:08 pm

ianw wrote:How can I stop these please. I un-installed PocoMail 3 times, I also restored a True Image image & installed Poco all with the same problem.
I set Poco as my default as I always do.
Are those files marked Read-Only :?:
If they are, change the attribute.

Else delete all *.idb files and restart Poco afterwards so those indexes will be rebuild.

:!: Are you using Poco 4 or Poco 3?
In Poco 3 you'll need to delete the *.idx files.
Also make sure you're not using both index files.

Compress your mailboxes too.

Let me know if that helped. ;)
Eric

Postby ianw » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:42 am

Eric,
Thanks a lot for your kind reply.

I was having a problem with the XP installation, I could not find what was causing them,
so I just re-installed XP Pro and of course my programs.

That fixed the problem/s, whatever they were and of course the great PocoMail.

Ian
ianw

Postby Eric » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:12 am

ianw wrote:Eric,
Thanks a lot for your kind reply.
My pleasure Ian. ;)
so I just re-installed XP Pro and of course my programs.

That fixed the problem/s, whatever they were and of course the great PocoMail.
Seems like something got messed up with your WinXP, however glad it's fixed now after that reinstall.

Enjoy Poco and your new XP. :)
Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To