[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Receiving Mail

Receiving Mail

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Receiving Mail

Postby arthurlee » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:34 am

Hi

Not a life threatening problem but, for no apparent reason, when I am recieving mail, I always get one less message than the message notifier tells me! For instance, if I am notified that 'recieving 3 messages', I will get only 2 - and so on.

Maybe related is that when I check for messages and there are none, I get the 'checking for messages' notification but the bar goes up to 22%, stops and then the 'no new mail' message appears. Strange.

I have checked all folders including junk and trash and also have checked 'view mail on server' but there is never anything there. I have also done a re-install of Pocomail but the problem persists.

Any ideas? Your help is most appreciated.
arthurlee
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Tomas » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:35 am

View Mail on Server doesn't work with every account, particularly it doesn't work with accounts requiring SSL connection. Instead, use the webmail interface of your email provider to check that there really isn't any other email sitting on the server, or you can use Online Folders usually located at the bottom of the Folders tree in Pocomail.
After online folder is opened, select from menu
Folder > Online Tools > Refresh from scratch.

The message sitting on the server, is too the only thing that came to mind, not sure what else could be causing it....
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To