[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Migrated To Win XP Home - Pocomail willnot allow changes

Migrated To Win XP Home - Pocomail willnot allow changes

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Migrated To Win XP Home - Pocomail willnot allow changes

Postby NickPadd » Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:47 pm

Hello,

Ive used pocomail for about 12 months with no problems on a Win 98 machine.

Ive just moved to a new PC using Windows XP home and Pocomail is behaving strangely.

I have restored poco using the restore function on installing, and everything seemed to have worked after compressing mailboxes.

However, I am trying to delete some accounts and change the status of others, but everytime I restart poco it has reverted to the account details and status that existed immediately after the restore.

Furthermore, when connecting to my server, pocomail is downloading duplicates messages already existing from the restore, and any new messages. However, if I exit pocomail and restart, all the downloaded messages (new and duplicated) have gone, and have to be downloaded again, even after compressing the mailbox.

Finally, in my original Win 98 install, my fie structure was on drive D, but is now on drive C and poco cant find any attachments I have previously sent. How do I point it to the file structure on C instead of D.

Nick
NickPadd
New Arrival

Postby mikecarey » Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:53 pm

How did you get the Poco files to the new PC? If you copied them onto a CD, they might have come across with read-only access, accounting for some of your problems.
Mike Carey
mikecarey
Frequent Visitor

Postby robin » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:10 pm

Finally, in my original Win 98 install, my fie structure was on drive D, but is now on drive C and poco cant find any attachments I have previously sent. How do I point it to the file structure on C instead of D.
This is found in Tools -> Options -> Directories

I second Mike's suggestion that if you used CD then the files get marked as read only. You need to reset the flag.

Someone pointed me to a useful utility for doing this...extract from readme
Code: Select all
CROA 1.4 © 2000-2002 David Crowell
-----------------------------------

DESCRIPTION:
CROA - Clear Read-Only Attributes
CROA adds an entry to the context menu for folders that allows you to clear the read-only flag of that folder, all subfolders, and files.  This is particularly useful after copying files from a CD-ROM to the hard-drive.

AUTHOR:
David Crowell
http://www.davidcrowell.com
robin

Postby NickPadd » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:45 pm

Thanks Guys,

Panic nearly Over.

Import was from CD and therefore read only, Robins suggested utility sorted it in a click!

I cant work out the attachment issue though.

If I sent an email with an attachment in Win 98, My Docs - Folder - subfolder - file was on a D drive.

In Win XP its on the C drive.

Pocomail finds attachments sent to me, which were and are on C, but not my attachemets as its looking for them on D, not C.

Any ideas?

Nick
Last edited by NickPadd on Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
NickPadd
New Arrival

Postby mikecarey » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:31 pm

NickPadd wrote:Pocomail finds attachments sent to me, which were and are on C, but not my attachemets as its looking for them on D, not C.Any ideas?

My *guess* would be that there is a pointer to the old attachment location in each e-mail. Just a guess, though.
Mike Carey
mikecarey
Frequent Visitor

Postby NickPadd » Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:36 am

Its a good guess - all I get is a description of the filepath thta lead to the original attachment, starting D/My.....

What I need to do is point them all to the right location on C.

Any ideas anyone?
NickPadd
New Arrival

Postby robin » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:17 am

You probably can't do it easily now :( . What is likely happened is that you were not using the Encoding option to "encode attachments at time of queuing", as a result PocoMail leaves them on disc and simply recalls their location. If you move them, then it won't know where they are; and attachments for send are treated differently to attachments received since they could be anywhere on your machine.

I have the option set and the attachment is encoded into my e-mails.

I've just done a test with the option switched off. If this happens, then the path for the file is stored in the "Sent" mailbox.

It seems to me there is only one way to fix this: the path to the attachments is stored in the message header following the header "X-Poco-Attachment:" If you open your sent.mbx file (in the Mail directory) using a simple text editor like notepad you can (in theory) search for and change all the entries. If it is simply a matter of changing the drive letter then it shouldn't be a big problem; if the path changes then you must compress the mailbox. The .mbx file is simply a text file.

However I must make the following clear:

Ensure PocoMail is closed when you do this

Make a backup of the mailbox first you can restore it in the event of a problem (copy the file to a name like sent.mbx.safe).

After restarting PocoMail and before doing anything else, do a compress mailbox this will rebuild the index from the mailbox. This is especially important if the path to the file has changed since that would cause the position of the message in the .mbx file to move compared to where the index thinks that it is.

If it all goes horribly wrong, then delete the sent.mbx file and rename the sent.mbx.safe back to sent.mbx.
robin

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To