[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Poco slow to load

Poco slow to load

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Poco slow to load

Postby Bures » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:07 am

Pocomail ver 4.5.0.3910

Recently when I open up Pocomail the slash screen appears then stops. Doesn`t continue.
If I look at the TaskManager is shows "Barca" failing to respond.

I then "End Task" and open up Poco for the 2nd time which is always successful.

I can find no indication of any "Barca" files on my hdd

I have never installed "Barca" so what is going on ??
Bures
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Poco slow to load

Postby Eric » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:20 am

Bures wrote:If I look at the TaskManager is shows "Barca" failing to respond.
:shock: That's odd.
I have never installed "Barca" so what is going on ??
Don't know what's going on there, but you could try the following:

1. Close Poco first.
2. Rename poco.ini to poco_old.ini
3. Restart Poco now
Prior to renaming that file, it would be best to take screenshots of your Options or noting them down.

See if that changes anything to that behaviour you're seeing when opening Poco for the first time.

Let me know if that helps. :wink:
Eric

Postby Bures » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:17 pm

Eric.
Done that, I will see what happens during the next few days.

Bizzare problem, don`t know where "Barca" came from, certainly not an intentional download

Your help is much appreciated
Bures
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Tomas » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:08 am

Barca and Pocomail share some core of functionality. So while I don't remember hearing about such problem so far, it can't be excluded that there might be a place in that code where the name is hardcoded to Barca, instead of being application-dependant.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To