[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Cannot add Signature

Cannot add Signature

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Cannot add Signature

Postby mbc » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:53 pm

hi,

I am not able to add a signature to the emails..

I thought by editing the account, going to outgoing, and selecting a presaved signature it would add it to the email when I send an email from that account...

is this how it should work ? the help files seem to think so..

I can add it manually, but thats no good as most of the time I forget, and want it to just happen...

is there something I am doing wrong
mbc
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Tomas » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:29 am

Hi,

try to go to Options, Message Format, and check that "When starting a message, signatures should be" is set to Enabled.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby mbc » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:10 pm

Hi Tomas,

thanks for your response...

I still cannot get it to work... it will work if I send an email to that account and then click reply, the signature details will appear.

But when I send a new email from that account it will not send with any signature... I am not sure how it is meant to happen as I have not seen it work...

ie.. if I click reply to an email the signature address appears straight away.... But I see nothing when I attempt to send a new email... and nothing appears on the email recieved...

I tried what you mentioned - I was already set... so I disabled, reinabled (did not work)... then I disabled, exited the software... came back in, reinabled, exited, came back in... and still nothing..

If I change the font setting in the option area it will effect the fonts of the signature when I click reply to an email so I know the software is noticing this area...

Any more idea's

I would really love to have this work.
mbc
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Tomas » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:40 am

Chances are you have a new email template setup (but no reply template, thus you are getting signatures on replies) - in that case signature text must be included in the template.

If you are using Instant Reply functionality, some chances are you have signatures disabled for Instant Reply - you can check in Advanced options, Sending Mail section.

If that will not help, please submit a support request from menu Help > Email support, your configuration details are automatically enclosed so that they can be checked for any possible cause.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Tomas » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:08 am

Thank you. I'm sorry for not thinking of it right away:

when you have multiple email accounts setup, and wish to use signatures with most of them (particularly with others than the default account), you'll have to use signature pane: open new message editor, select from menu View > Enable Signature pane, and close the window to have that setting saved.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To