[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Moving to new computer: I'm impressed

Moving to new computer: I'm impressed

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Moving to new computer: I'm impressed

Postby SzDoc » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:20 pm

So, for all the problems I had with my initial setup of PM, and all my dissatisfaction with the poor junk mail filtering, I am now totally thrilled with this program.

I used Eudora for over ten years. Migrating it to a new machine was always a pain. So, it was with fear and trepidation that I approached moving PM. Did the requisite searches and found

http://www.pocosystems.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2416&highlight=computer

So, I just moved it. Since I am using the same logical disk structure (essentially) on the new box, I was able to replicate the directories that PM expected to find.

And I launched it, and it (at least so far) worked. All my open tabs and flagged messages appear intact. My button customization and ridiculous complex system for checking my 15 e-mail addresses with different intervals and notification seems intact. My 100+ filters to move mail to specific boxes seem to be there.

I'm really impressed. I just moved it. No complicated manual editing of ini files, etc. And, it just works.

Thanks to the PS crew for making one aspect of this program amazingly simple.
SzDoc
Poco Tourist

Postby Tomas » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:06 am

Glad to hear that it worked well.

In the past, pre-Vista times, it was as easy as copying over whole Pocomail directory.

(New update shall come with an improved Help file, where the topic of moving data to a new computer will be covered in more detail an more directly than it was in the current help file.)
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby SzDoc » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:32 am

My current boxes are all XP. Mine are all Pro, and my Wife's desktop and laptop are XP home.

I built a Vista test platform, but I saw no advantage over XP, and I finally just installed XP on it.

I'll wait for Win 7, SP2.
SzDoc
Poco Tourist

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To