[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - cc recipient without attachment

cc recipient without attachment

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

cc recipient without attachment

Postby DaveP » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:38 am

Is there a way to send a message with attachment, but exclude the attachment from cc recipients?

I send large files with instructions to a specific business associates, and cc others who need the same information, but not the large file. (There is no need to choke up their bandwidth unnecessarily.)

Thanks,
Dave P
DaveP
Poco Tourist

Re: cc recipient without attachment

Postby Eric » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:40 am

DaveP wrote:Is there a way to send a message with attachment, but exclude the attachment from cc recipients?
I don't think that's even possible, as with any other email client.
I send large files with instructions to a specific business associates, and cc others who need the same information, but not the large file. (There is no need to choke up their bandwidth unnecessarily.)
Another way would be to host that attachment and put the link in your message.
This way all your contacts will receive the necessary information and those that need the attachment can download it. :)

Or you could send the message with the attachment to those that need it and the same message again without attachment to those that don't need it.

Maybe someone else has another suggestion, but I sure don't see another way to do it. :?
Eric

Postby Tomas » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:53 am

Another way could be to fit all addressees to TO: field (no CC), use from message editor window menu (though it can also be setup in Options to be default so that you could skip that step) Message > Split message on Send/Queue.
Write message. Click Queue, and confirm that one message will be created per each recipient.
Go to Out folder, select the messages you wish to have the attachment deleted from, and run Attachment Remover script on them.

The script must be first downloaded from http://www.pocosystems.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1351 (save the text to a file with .poc extension, and copy it to Scripts directory) and installed. If any problems with that, just send Support request through menu Help > Email support, and script will be sent to you, ready to be installed by a one click process.

I didn't test it (on the Out folder) but it should work.

The drawback is that no recipient will see the other recipients, and that it has to be run manually each time (though I think it might be also possible to setup that script to work against outgoing messages automatically, if you know for example that from all messages to person X the attachments can be safely deleted = you don't ever plan to send them an attachment).
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Re: cc recipient without attachment

Postby DaveP » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:34 am

Eric wrote:Another way would be to host that attachment and put the link in your message.
This way all your contacts will receive the necessary information and those that need the attachment can download it. :)

A download link from my website would be the simplest solution.

Thanks Eric / Tomas

Dave
DaveP
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:59 am

Our pleasure Dave & do have a nice weekend. ;)
Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To