[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - "dictionary set" lost

"dictionary set" lost

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

"dictionary set" lost

Postby dirk » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:47 am

I have version 2.6.3 and recently installed it on a new computer with Vista Home Premium.

What I did was this: copy and pasted entire program from old pc to the new one. Now when I go to compose mail, a warning box opens that the dictionary set is not configured and gives me the option of doing so or not. I don't appear to have any success in configuring this, and the result is that all words are always underlined in red.

Have also tried to reinstall the dictionary files from the CD, no success with that. Also tried to reinstall the program over the existing file......that didn't work either.

Is this a glitch because of Vista, or did I drop a file somewhere that I haven't yet found?

Any and all help most appreciated.

thanks - Dirk
dirk
Drop-in Visitor

Re: "dictionary set" lost

Postby Eric » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:53 pm

Hi Dirk,
dirk wrote:I have version 2.6.3 and recently installed it on a new computer with Vista Home Premium.
Does that version work without glitches on Vista :?:
Have also tried to reinstall the dictionary files from the CD, no success with that. Also tried to reinstall the program over the existing file......that didn't work either.
Where did you reinstall those dictionary files?
Vista doesn't allow changes in Program Files, so better set it under User > Username > AppData.
Is this a glitch because of Vista, or did I drop a file somewhere that I haven't yet found?
Have a look here.

:!: Could be your version will be unable to access that dictionary!
Never used that version on Vista nor on XP, so I'm not sure.

Perhaps you could download the newest version and install those dictionaries to see if that will work. If it does, I guess your version isn't meant to run on Vista. :(

Or maybe someone has another suggestion.

Do have a great weekend & till soon. ;)
Eric

Re: "dictionary set" lost

Postby tonnelier » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:00 am

Eric wrote:Hi Dirk,
dirk wrote:I have version 2.6.3 and recently installed it on a new computer with Vista Home Premium.
Does that version work without glitches on Vista :?:
Where did you reinstall those dictionary files?
Vista doesn't allow changes in Program Files, so better set it under User > Username > AppData.
Have a look here.

:!: Could be your version will be unable to access that dictionary!
Never used that version on Vista nor on XP, so I'm not sure.

Perhaps you could download the newest version and install those dictionaries to see if that will work. If it does, I guess your version isn't meant to run on Vista. :(

Or maybe someone has another suggestion.

Do have a great weekend & till soon. ;)

I installed PocoMail , but latest version 4.4.0.3910, from my backup on a new PC running Vista Home Premium last July. All my settings were reinstalled on Vista without any glitches, except for the dictionaries. Rather than fiddle for ages, I downloaded the dictionaries again from Poco's site and all works well.
tonnelier
Frequent Visitor

Postby dirk » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:30 am

thanks for the replys, I have followed your instructions and the new dictionary set doesn't seem to work. Maybe my version of Poco is too old for Vista. (used XP previously) Guess I'll upgrade to the latest version of poco and that should solve that.

thanks so much - Dirk
dirk
Drop-in Visitor

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To