[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - PoCo4 - no scripts in folder

PoCo4 - no scripts in folder

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

PoCo4 - no scripts in folder

Postby edzell » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:49 am

I've been using PoCo for a long time but never explored the scripts. Now I want to find or create one that will automatically acknowledge receipt of a message - whether the sender requests it or not.

The immediate problem is that a) The option Tools > All scripts run, referred to in the help files, does not exist and b) the scripts folder is empty.

The next anticipated problem is that I haven't a clue how to write or implement a script.

All input appreciated.
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler"
- Albert Einstein
edzell
Drop-in Visitor

Re: PoCo4 - no scripts in folder

Postby Eric » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:01 pm

edzell wrote:Now I want to find or create one that will automatically acknowledge receipt of a message - whether the sender requests it or not.
See Request return receipt.
Or you could use an Event OnAdd, so when a message is put into that folder (folders) a template will be sent back to the sender. 8)

The immediate problem is that a) The option Tools > All scripts run, referred to in the help files, does not exist and b) the scripts folder is empty.
You'll find several scripts in Extras, as well as in the Pocoscript section. :)
The next anticipated problem is that I haven't a clue how to write or implement a script.
Nor do I, but it's a good place to start with those scripts already made and the info provided in the Help files.

Hope that helps. ;)
Eric

Re: PoCo4 - no scripts in folder

Postby edzell » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:08 am

Eric wrote:Hope that helps. ;)

Sure did! I specially appreciate your step-by-step graphic "demo." Even a dummy like me could follow it right away. You fulfilled my wish, as expressed below by Mr Einstein. Many thanks.
Alexander.
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler"
- Albert Einstein
edzell
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:08 am

You're welcome Alexander.
Glad it helped you. ;)
Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To