[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Error log

Error log

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Error log

Postby Isabelle » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:33 am

I am trying to configure Pocomail to send/retrieve mail using a new domain name/email I purchased through godaddy.

I have done exactly as instructed by them, but was not successful and PocoMail notified me there was an error when I tried to send a test email, and referred me to my Error Log.

Danged if I can find the error log (I'm ashamed to admit it).

Could you please tell me how to access the Error Log?

Thanks!
Isabelle
Poco Tourist

Error log: Found it!

Postby Isabelle » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:39 am

I found it (showing conveniently at the bottom of my mail window when I scrolled down!)

It said "closed gracefully" on logging in to the server.

Back to godaddy, I guess!

Kindest regards to all the kind souls who man the Forums!
Isabelle
Poco Tourist

Postby Tomas » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:59 am

Do you get same error when attempting to download emails from the server?

Does godaddy offer smtp server (I'm sorry I don't remember) or are you using the smtp server of your internet access provider?

Connection closed gracefully is often just a one-time issue that will disappear on its own, in a matter of minutes or hours.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Error log - and - Godaddy

Postby Isabelle » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:43 am

Hi, Tomas. If I ask my spam program (Mailwasher) to check for mail at that address, it seems to be able to--at least it goes to work and I don't get any error message.

Godaddy has outgoing: smtpout.secureserver.net

incoming: pop.secureserver.net

Outgoing server requires authentication

I was told to try: incoming 110; outgoing 80 or 3535 or 25 (Fairpoint uses 25)

I configured the appropriate settings exactly like that, and did the same as I do with my Poco Mail for the remaining ones, with the appropriate account and pw. Did the same for my husband's Outlook with no luck, either. Tried all the outgoing port setups.

We just had to change our regular email account settings when Verizon handed all of us rural folks off to Fairpoint, and I had no problem with that. It's something to do with Godaddy because all of our other accounts go through PocoMail/ Fairpoint beautifully.

I'm not sophisticated when it comes to setting up my own domain and the email that comes with it--have the domain name but can't get the email to work. We hope to use it for my husband's business if I can ever figure it out.

Kindest to you!
Isabelle
Poco Tourist

Postby Isabelle » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:43 am

Oh, I should add that I tried sending email again through PocoMail and got the same error.
Isabelle
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:26 am

Hi Isabelle,

Had a look at their support, so I guess something is misconfigured.

See Setting up Your Email Account to Use POP
or Setting up Your Email Account to Use IMAP.

See also Setting up Your Email in Microsoft Outlook 2007.

Hope that helps you to figure out what's wrong. ;)
Eric

Postby Isabelle » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:42 am

Hi, Eric--and greetings from rather dreary and snowy/sleety Vermont!

Thank you for the links--I'll go through each and every setting in both mail programs again to make sure they're as they should be!

Kindest regards,

Isabelle
Isabelle
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:50 am

Isabelle wrote:Hi, Eric--and greetings from rather dreary and snowy/sleety Vermont!
Greetings too from a rainy, snowy Vilvoorde. :roll:
Thank you for the links--I'll go through each and every setting in both mail programs again to make sure they're as they should be!
You're welcome Isabelle and I do hope you'll get it right this time.
Let me know if it worked. ;)
Eric

Postby Tomas » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:52 am

Thanks Eric for the config links.
I'd try using SSL, with port 465.
Both can be set in Outgoing tab of email settings.
Use TLS/STARTTLS (below SSL setting) should be left unchecked.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Eric » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:39 am

My pleasure Tomas and I hope it will work out for Isabelle and you.
Have a fine weekend and a great Valentine. Image
Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To